75 gallon tank and stand

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishNturt808

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So moved in to a new place. Rewarded myself with a new 75 gallon finally (even got the now live-in girlfriend’s consent). Living on Maui, it’s tough to get anything large shipped in, so decided to build my own stand, wood from Home Depot being way cheaper than the shipping alone.
0C1C1AE3-F9FB-41DD-A306-BEF7302CD9FF.jpeg

after 1st coat of stain:
CCE6600B-1A43-4868-B9B1-4B05D2492D7C.jpeg

Final product:
2548C0B2-52A1-4216-965D-140C1F2A2D2B.jpeg

I have black poster board backing my two 55 gallons, so I decided to try something different and siliconed slate wall tiles to the back glass of the tank for a more textured background look.
Then, added my fluval stratum capped with a thick layer of black sand and driftwood and lava rock decor:

7FCC48B2-FBEA-443D-8A2C-AD7ABECD5067.jpeg

3132D101-C044-4E90-B69E-9D0DCBFFC456.jpeg

For the final addition of the night I plugged in my new Current satellite pro+ led light.
E609A1EA-8C32-4459-BF3B-1FB69977298A.jpeg

Needless to say I am beyond excited to add some plants and water, and especially my blood parrot, sailfin pleco, and soon to order red dragon flowerhorn.

Attachments

• 0CC9AAFE-100C-438C-B5D0-63E755F7AD65.jpeg
    0CC9AAFE-100C-438C-B5D0-63E755F7AD65.jpeg
    313.3 KB · Views: 119
Wow looking amazing! Well done in the stand really like the stain you’ve used.

Wills

Looks great, I like your background and aquascape setup. However, may I make suggestions for your next build. I always build my own stands and leave six inches to one side for a small shelve space. It comes in handy for pumps, food etc.Resized down.jpg

Looks great, I like your background and aquascape setup. However, may I make suggestions for your next build. I always build my own stands and leave six inches to one side for a small shelve space. It comes in handy for pumps, food etc.View attachment 135376
I left about 3-4 inches in the back for pumps. About 1.5-2 in the front for foods. I also have a shoe rack/stand right next to it so shelf space wasn’t needed

Water, plants and fish are in. Flowerhorn is on order, should be here soon! Stoked on the new setup. And Cheeto seems happy.

30882221-5303-48B9-BF80-CD7889A34A74.jpeg

(again sorry bout the glare)

Looks great! I know you'll be very careful but keep an eye on the Flowerhorn some of them are absolute beasts and need to live alone.

Wills

Looks great! I know you'll be very careful but keep an eye on the Flowerhorn some of them are absolute beasts and need to live alone.

Wills
That’s the plan. It’s actually why I’m going with a flowerhorn. My blood parrot is a female and decided to become a murderer when she started laying eggs. Lost 3 Buenos Aires tetras and a male convict.

It was flowerhorn, or Oscar, or Jack Dempsy. They all seem to have the best chance with her due to size and temperament. At least from what the interwebs and local sources say. I was gonna go polar blue parrot, but word is they grow really slow and sometimes just stay pretty small.

I don’t know if anyone is following this other than me...haha. But, update...I’ve added a couple new hides (clay pots on either side of the driftwood), another temple plant, and some Java moss.
Also put my flowerhorn, Chubs, in. Cheeto, the blood parrot, was definitely protective of her spaces in the whole 75 gallon. I think I had her in there alone too long, got herself a little too comfortable. So,in hopes of easing the aggression, I added a school of tiger barbs as dither/target fish (I know there’s a chance they become meals, but better than my flowerhorn getting beat to death).
Last night was the first night together and they seem to have worked out the major issues ??
C21622D7-3769-43EE-AAD9-43C28332F50E.jpeg

Well, it seems I have not kept anyone updated on how this tank was going. Unfortunately my flowerhorn died a few months in, I think it had a parasite that I didn’t catch in time, meds came in the mail a day after it passed. So now it is a happy home to my 3 parrots, rummynose tetras(13 but I want a few more), panda and peppered cories, and a few bloodfin tetras that I got accidentally. It has also been moved inside (another perk of moving into another new place). Completely changed the scape up after losing the flowerhorn. I wanted to take no chances on infecting any of my parrots with heater the fh had. So all new substrate, decor(mostly I also fave what stayed a solid scrubbing), and added another canister cause I was getting way too much poop on the bottom.

Anyhow, here’s how it looks now, definitely my favorite tank to watch:

78EF489C-088B-4592-9EDA-1A66D0D16266.jpeg7246F6A8-9549-4BA2-9497-10970AF752AA.jpeg

Need some black curtains on the front of the stand so you don't see the equipment underneath the aquarium. The tank looks good tho :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back