55gal ;

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Alright, so I hope I didn't get ripped off. :(

How much is a decent 55gal tank worth? without the stand, with a heater + filter, lights.
So, it'd be like.

- 55gallon tank
- heater
- filter
- lights

How much, with a rough estimate would that cost? My tank's only four days through cycling, so I can risk returning it for a better sale. :) (My fish are in no rush, just me wanting to restock my 10gal with little frogs. :hyper: )
 
What filter, heater, and light setup?

I would say for all you are looking around $270-$300.

-FHM
 
What filter, heater, and light setup?

I would say for all you are looking around $270-$300.

-FHM

Well I dont know about those. I dont know the lights for sure, the filter's probably an Aqua tech 30-60? I'm not sure, it was double sided.
The heater would be I'm guessing 200 - 300 watt?

Anyways, I got it for 270 @ a local LFS. Might go to petsmart/petcetera this weekend with my family. :) Check out there.
 
What filter, heater, and light setup?

I would say for all you are looking around $270-$300.

-FHM

Well I dont know about those. I dont know the lights for sure, the filter's probably an Aqua tech 30-60? I'm not sure, it was double sided.
The heater would be I'm guessing 200 - 300 watt?

Anyways, I got it for 270 @ a local LFS. Might go to petsmart/petcetera this weekend with my family. :) Check out there.
I say for 270 all brand new is a pretty good deal.

-FHM
 
What filter, heater, and light setup?

I would say for all you are looking around $270-$300.

-FHM

Well I dont know about those. I dont know the lights for sure, the filter's probably an Aqua tech 30-60? I'm not sure, it was double sided.
The heater would be I'm guessing 200 - 300 watt?

Anyways, I got it for 270 @ a local LFS. Might go to petsmart/petcetera this weekend with my family. :) Check out there.
I say for 270 all brand new is a pretty good deal.

-FHM

CDN -- EURO, what's the difference? (seriously, how much is the currency, LOL.)
 
IDK...lol

Did you pay $270, (American)?

Where do you live?

-FHM
 
best way to get an idea of what to ask for it would be go on craigslist and check what other people in your area are selling theirs for. I bought a 55 gal with stand and hood for $60.

In my area or Northern NV the market is flooded with 55 gal tanks and most of them go for $150- $170 with everything sometimes even including fish. I will see some people asking $200 for a 55 gal tank unless its a really good looking tank I think $200 is too high for a used tank.

It does depend on the type of filter you have for sure. If you have some kind of high end Canister filter that runs great then you can ask for $200. But for the tank $55 and stand $50 so $105 for just the tank and stand with hood the rest of the stuff is up to you.
 
CDN = Canadian, guess where I live :)

Anyways, very helpful you guys. My area doesnt have many 55gal's, just those small little 2gals to 10gals. ):
 
Anyways, very helpful you guys. My area doesnt have many 55gal's, just those small little 2gals to 10gals. ):

Have you checked out Craigslist? That always seems to be the best bet for great deals on tanks, mostly used, but some brand new! You should have one for your area since you are in Canada.
 
If your area does not have many large tanks you might get more I would do $250 obo.
 
If your area does not have many large tanks you might get more I would do $250 obo.

Yeah, craiglist would work, but then I have my parents which are rly protective, and don't buy into this stuff. +, it's also my money so yeah. :/

250, 270. Hey, you think petsmart/petcetera would sell cheaper? :)
 
No new tanks are always more money. But some times they do kit deals that are not to bad. So keep checking petsmart and petco they might have some deal for spring. But try criagslist that is the best.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top