DSC_0012-2.jpg

DSC_0019-2.jpg

DSC_0023-2.jpg

DSC_0026-2.jpg

DSC_0036-2.jpg

DSC_0045-2.jpg

DSC_0050-2.jpg

DSC_0051-1.jpg

It's the males displaying to each other. Brilliant to watch :) Sad to see my 6 go but they went into this tank to join Gill's other WCMMs. Nice to see my goldfish looking happy too. Hope he likes his new friend :)

those long finned WCMM are a real beauty!

Theryre not LF just mature Adults. I have some true LF on Order from the States. Can't wait for them to arrive.

It's the males displaying to each other. Brilliant to watch :) Sad to see my 6 go but they went into this tank to join Gill's other WCMMs. Nice to see my goldfish looking happy too. Hope he likes his new friend :)

Yeah he loves his new friend, although this morning they are not together and have nto seen snow yet.
but then again tere are so many places to hide and explore in there, even for fish that big.

oh BBQ now Sunday as lots of peeps working Saturday.

i noticed a pair of gourami there, not the regular dwarf gourami, but the ones with gold bodies and black heads, what kind are they? always loved gourami but never seen any like those before.

gorgeous tank by the way!

i noticed a pair of gourami there, not the regular dwarf gourami, but the ones with gold bodies and black heads, what kind are they? always loved gourami but never seen any like those before.

gorgeous tank by the way!

I always love mixing different pairs of gouramis for the interaction,
Those are true honey Gouramis and those 2 are 2 males displaying at each, and they stay that color all the time.

I have in there:
1 pair Pearls - Juvies
1 pair Flame
4 pairs Dwarf honeys
3 Pairs Dwarf Sunset honeys
Mixed group of Sparklers

Getting some More Sunsets and Liquorice and Spiketails and other Pygmy Gouramis.

You are lucky you have a large tank. Usually, it is not recommended to mix gourami species, as they occupy the same level of the aquarium and can become agressive with each other.

The tank is looking good, very, very natural. Not loving the goldfish in there mixed with the tropicals. Goldfish are really a cold water species.

llj

You are lucky you have a large tank. Usually, it is not recommended to mix gourami species, as they occupy the same level of the aquarium and can become agressive with each other.

The tank is looking good, very, very natural. Not loving the goldfish in there mixed with the tropicals. Goldfish are really a cold water species.

llj

I always like to experiment with what fish can go where.
never hadprobs with mixing gouramis, but saying that never kept the real bully types.

the goldies i like in there, and my temp is low around 18-20 as it is warmed by the sun throughout the day, so only use 1 100w heater for the whole tank. They love the space and the contrast between them and the smaller fish is very cool to watch.

i love how the clouds have colored up, so vivid and displaying all the time.
Spent an hour feeding the ABF Crickets and moths this afternoon. so Cool to watch.
I fed them fish Bloodworm and silly Goldy wolfed down 3 cubes in one gulp. so had to add more for the BGK's,
There colors are amazing against the different color of planting i have used.

Don't you have BGKs and ABFs in there? How are you going to stop them eating all the small fish? :huh:

whats your approximate stocking for the tank?

Mmmmmmmm Not really sure, will have to write them down to make sure i get all the fish. but i think there are over 2-300 hundred fish in it.

Don't you have BGKs and ABFs in there? How are you going to stop them eating all the small fish? :huh:

Yep, the BGK are heavily fed and don't harm any fish asyet. even if the do so, they will take weaker fish that would be picked off anyay do no loss there.

the ABF's are there as a livebearer control, and they have a tiny strike window, so the fish literally has tobe ontop of them to get eaten.

I have tons of Livebearers in here , and they are solely to povide color and food for the predatory Fish.

stocking guess at best:

6 ABF's more in other tanks outdoors.
12 Sunset Dwarf Honey Gourami
5 Dwarf honey Gourami
1 Pair Flame Gourami
7 Sparkiling Gourami
1 Pair Pearl Gourami - Juvi
2 BGK's - they killed the runt
20 or So Dwarf Indian Puffers - (5 Sold)
20 Mixed Glass Fish
5 Green Panchax
10 Clown Killies
10 Gold Austalie ........ Something
10 Mixed Platties
5 Koi Patties
3 pairs BIG Grey/Silver Dalmation Lyretail Mollies
20 Heterandria Formosa
a few red claw crabs

20 Red Nose Shrimp
30-40 Red Cherry Shrimp
30ish Amano Shrimp
Some - Glass, Tiger, BB, Ninja, Yellow Cherries, Long Armed.

10 Congo tetras - Juvies
20 WCMM's
10 GOLD WCMM's
5 White Skirt Tetras
5 Lutino Neons
20 Neons

50 Coffee Bean Rasboras - Down to 20 as the Female Guppies/Endlers ate them.
5 True Flying Foxes -Adults
6 Baby BN Plecs
2 25inch Sailfin Plecs
Trio SB Clown Plecs
3 Chocolate Plecs
2 Bulldogs
3 Cuttlefish Gobies
10 BBG's
Dunno How Many Mixed Apple,Spixi,Trihorned, RamsHorns, Pest, Trumpet, Nerite.

Mixed Endlers:
Tiger
Black Bar
Snakeskin/Tiger hyrbids
Peacocks
Double Swords Tiger Guppies
Blue Moscows Females *2 Massive Mother F's

Cichlids:

6 pairs of Meek Cichlids
3 pairs of Double Red Cackatoo Dwarfs
4 pairs Acara's
2 pairs blue Rams
A Few CheckerBoards
A few badis badis Pairs
1 pair Russian SmokeyBlue/Leopard Hybrid Angels

Filters

Fluval 304
Aquajet AR3338
Otter 4000LPH Pond Pump with Foamer Head.
5 Litre Internal Canister

W/C
20% Each Saturday Morning.

Feeding.

Mixed:
Only Hikari Foods
Micro Pellets
Betta Bio Gold
Spirulina
Cichlid Gold/Supreme
Fancy Guppy
FirstBite
Ryukin Gold Supreme

KingBritish Catfish Pellets

Live:
Daphnia
Bloodworm
Crickets
Mealworms
Mozzies
Mayfly
Boatmen
Whatever fry are in there
Spiders/nests/eggs
FruitFlies
Moths Caught in Nightime net trap.
Slugs
Worms
Woodlouce
Daddy Long Legs
Flies
Maggotts
Waxworms
Grubs
Ants
Green/Black Fly
Caterpillars

Fruit and Veg,
Capsicum Peppers
Cherry Tomatoe
Apple
Mango
Zuchini
Cucumber
Lettuce
Bread
Rice Crispies
CornFlakes
Millet Seed
Niger Seed
Grans Special Punjabi fish Dough - Used to feed to my Koi and they loved it.

No Ferts, No Co2

Lighting - During the Day Nothing but full sun
Evening 300Watt Halides
Night LED Moonlights

Most reactions

Back