🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
5*3*2
200 Gallons

Here it is Guys,
Took ages to get it here and in place.
(Dev I owe you big Time and Thanks for Buying my Old 4footer)

5 foot by 3 foot tank that is 2foot deep.
It sits on a purpose built stand made from 6mm Steel box section and angle the stand takes up a foot print of 5 foot 4 inches by 3 foot 4 inches,
From floor to top of the stand level is 2 foot.
With the upper tank on the stand the total height from the floor to the top of the tank is 3 foot 7 inches.
On the lower level is a second custom made tank that is 4 foot long by 2 foot wide and 1 foot deep, this tank has been divided in half to provide separate 2 foot by 2 foot by 1 foot deep tanks.
The lower tanks have sliding lids.
Along with the stand and tanks I am supplying the following items:
2 external filter systems, a Ultra Jet UJ338 professional and a Fluval 304. Both filter systems come with all hoses and internal workings, they both work fine.

A rather large collection of Aquarium rocks of varying, size, shape and material 30Kilos of Slate and Granite Rocks.
3 large tubs of river sand 50 Kilos.

Will House All my Fish and 20-30 Denisoni Barbs and loads of stuff.

It wasn't Xp3 filters that came with, got muddled with another auction i was watching.

Main.jpg

depth.jpg

length.jpg

equipmentandsand.jpg

filters.jpg

Angie not coming in the morning now. Will have to let the rents'Wife Calm Down 1st. keep the Puffers for me.

Very nice. I wish I had the room for something like that. :drool:
I can't wait to see how it turns out. :good:

Thanks Guys.

Well I was Up Bright and Early @ 0530am to start work on the beast and its is done now @ 1300pm.

My Hips are like Jelly but it was worth all the swearing by my mother Wife and Grandmother. No One can swear like Angry Punjabi Women. Imagine all 3 at the same time swearing @ the top of there voices using the most vile language. Punjabi Swearing is Very guttural and vile.

Took 30 Mins to scrub down and disinfect it.
I have used one bucket of River sand. As Scampi (the owners cat) used it to mark his territory. so scrapped the other 2 tubs.
There's over 2 ton of slate in there, its all from my rockery (have been collecting the choicest pieces for years).
Then I pumped all the water out of the 4footer straight into this and seeded the filters with all the muck out of both of my externals.
Next i filled both dual sinks and then pumped decholrinated water in to fill it.
This is my Ultimate tank and will never need another one after this.

Only Steve knows how much it cost. Could never afford to have something like this built from scratch.

The Flag Iris' are 4foot high as I have been browing these for a few years to get to this height. and each clump has a flower stalk going up.

Picture269.jpg

Picture271.jpg

Picture275.jpg

Picture276.jpg

Picture278.jpg

Picture279.jpg

Picture282.jpg

Picture285.jpg

Picture287-1.jpg

Picture289.jpg

Wow! Looks great now it's cleaned up. Shame about the gravel, I might be interested in taking it, I reckon I can dissenfect it in the garden over a few weeks :)

Can't wait till the water clears up!

Cool, so basically it's a small tropical pond!
What are you using for lighting? Metal halides? Or have you got a skylight built into the roof?
How are you heating this huge tank?

Wow! Looks great now it's cleaned up. Shame about the gravel, I might be interested in taking it, I reckon I can dissenfect it in the garden over a few weeks :)

Can't wait till the water clears up!

Ok You can have it, Its just sitting in the Garden.
Ok so thats 30 Kilos of sand ---------- ummmm another 20quid lets say ----- so that brings the total up to what 100 so far.
Plus you want some large slate peices and stones. so thats another 10.
Oh and the Custom made Luminaire ---- another 20.
Plus Mums Famous Aloo Sholay with Poutooori - Say 5 for the meal + tip.
Minus your aching Bones - 10 your not that sore :rolleyes:

Looks pretty good! :good:

Thanks, Can't wait for the Water to Clear.

Cool, so basically it's a small tropical pond!
What are you using for lighting? Metal halides? Or have you got a skylight built into the roof?
How are you heating this huge tank?

Yep Huge tropical Pond, What i have always wanted to do after seeing some on another Forum. TPT.net
Lighting is sorted there is already lighting in place above the tank and the roof is clear plastic sheeting so always light all day.
I have some spot lights for the evening, and thats it.
I do have 2 t5 54W units but no tubes for them yet.

I am heating it mainly by sunlight and the fact that the room is very hot during the day, and very well insulated. For night there are *2 300watt heaters in it, and more on standby if required.

The fish are loving it.
I have never seen the Cories so Hyper before. they have so much room to explore.

Can't wait for that water to clear, have you got a specific plan for this tank, or are you just going to add whatever fish takes your fancy in the lfs (the best way to do it :D).
Keeping it for small fish, or putting anything bigger in there?

Can't wait for that water to clear, have you got a specific plan for this tank, or are you just going to add whatever fish takes your fancy in the lfs (the best way to do it :D ).
Keeping it for small fish, or putting anything bigger in there?

Keeping it small fish, that way i can have loads.

Looking good! Cant wait to see how it looks when settled. Shame its quite low, for taller guys like me it'd be a mission getting a good viewing :p

looks amazing, wish i had a tank like that, have you thought about stocking different levels of the tank? for example killifish for the top, rasboras in the middle, and pygmy cories for the bottom, add to that oto's shrimp and nerite snails, would be a wonderful stocking, and you could go for loads, and have you considered using the other tank as a sump? you would be able to stock loads more fish then.

Most reactions

Back