4th Spawning Attempt

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

No, the word was motile. It means simply, "capable of motion".

And there are motile algae that are big enough to see with the naked eye. You can't see the details, but you can see the movement. For example, certain species of Euglena (a common alga in greenwater) get up to 0.25 mm - a size at which you can see their motion with the naked eye.

You're right about the dinos, though - I can't see them with the naked eye! It was the only example of a motile alga that I could think of off the top of my head last night.

(Ahh, I knew that "Biology of Algae" class I took would come in handy!)

cation said:

And there are motile algae that are big enough to see with the naked eye. You can't see the details, but you can see the movement. For example, certain species of Euglena (a common alga in greenwater) get up to 0.25 mm - a size at which you can see their motion with the naked eye.

You're right about the dinos, though - I can't see them with the naked eye! It was the only example of a motile alga that I could think of off the top of my head last night.

(Ahh, I knew that "Biology of Algae" class I took would come in handy!)
LOL at cation

Well I have settled the temp at 82 derees Thats ok I guess

since I put the saran wrap WHOA! does it smell.!

Its very humid I think thats good? :blink:

Well the money hasnt come to wuv yet so the pait is not here....... :crazy:

So now we're playing the waiting game, eh? Keep us updated! :nod:

cation said:
Cool, you learn something new everyday, and that's mine...a new word in my vocabulary, now find a use for it today, haha.

Linda

I love new words! :nod: The reason I used that on in this case was because that's the word my profs used in that algae class - us scientists are snobs, we have to make up new words instead of using ones that already exist and mean the same thing... :rolleyes: :lol:

LOL I agree with linda new rod im my vocab too.. :D

m getting a grindal worm culture........ :D

Anubody got links on how to culture them..what age could I feed them to my fry..?

here is a link to grindle worm culturing :D

http://petfish.net/grin.htm

i think you can feed them when the fry's about 3 - 4 weeks old. I'm still waiting on mine -_- i mailed the money and never heard from the seller again :/

Thanks for the link CC

I think he might have ripped u off... :/

Were was he from?

i don't know if he ripped me off :/ it was off aquabid, his name was Waldo, i checked his feedback and it was like 129/129, i dont' see why he would screw himself over for $2.50..-_-

He definetly ripped u off! :/

2.50 to send them from the United States to canada...I dont think so..

Also I think the culture would die.. :sad:

lets hope not...and if he does scam me for $2.50 (which btw it hink it's very stupid), i would just post a negative comment on him on aquabid :rolleyes: it wasn't the $2.50 that i really cared about.

He also had an online store/site thing, so i dont' know :unsure:

Most reactions

Back