42 gallon build

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Do you mean Boraras urophthalmoides or something else?

Boraras urophthalmoides :)

There are few different common names for Boraras species. I've seen them called sparrow rasboras here as well.

I have 3 fish left from a shoal. They were sold to me as chili rasboras (B. brigittae) but I've always had my doubts and think they are probably B. urophthalmoides as they have a spot right next to the tail fin, and Seriously Fish says this is the way to tell between the two species. Lovely, teensy little fish.

I havent decided for sure but I like the way they look :)

Looks like I'm going to do just shrimp at this point in time. Would you recommend dividing it so I can have multiple types with no cross breeding?

Considering how tiny newly hatched shrimps are, the divider would need to have a fine grained mesh to stop them getting through it. And don't forget shrimps can climb so the divider would have to reach the lid, or be so tall the shrimps couldn't get over it if the tank is open topped.

Finally gonna try to pick up the supplies for my stand today!

Never has a pile of cinderblocks looked so beautiful! On the next not rainy day, whenever that may be, I will spray paint them black

Got my first layer of spray paint done on the cinder blocks! Navy blue to match the spray paint I did on my other stand :) gonna be double tiered so I can have my smaller tanks on top

worthless.gif

Got my first layer of spray paint done on the cinder blocks! Navy blue to match the spray paint I did on my other stand :) gonna be double tiered so I can have my smaller tanks on top
Love to see pics of your cinder block stand. What kind of wood are you using as the base between. When i get a bigger tank if it doesnt come with a stand im thinking of going the cinder block route, ive never done it and am curious how effective it is?

Love to see pics of your cinder block stand. What kind of wood are you using as the base between. When i get a bigger tank if it doesnt come with a stand im thinking of going the cinder block route, ive never done it and am curious how effective it is?
Seems to be effective from every thing I've seen. I'm using two 2x4s on each level. Tanks only need to be supported on the corners so the gap wont matter. Itll be up tomorrow (or tonight if I'm impatient) and I'll post pics!

Edit: cory from aquarium co op uses cinderblocks for most of his stands

Most reactions

trending

Back