40-gallon Neolamprologus Similis journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

I have 600 watts in my 90g 8ā€™ square bottom tank. I have the 400 and 200 hooked up to a device that monitors them. Hereā€™s a picture. You put in the temp you want it at and the berth it has (meaning +or- a couple degrees, I have mine set at 1), and it does a really good job. Of course I check mine every so often.View attachment 163940
Thats pretty cool! I'll look into it

This is the device. It has a tough time stopping diatoms, but still better than normal.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I have decided to completely empty the tank, completely change out all the sand and set it up again. Will this seriously affect my bacteria?

For sand:
Is that any good?

It wont kill the algae. If you have a separate filter that is running on a different tank I recommend using it.
hmmm. Maybe I could buy a new filter and add some biological media from my 20g to it. I could also add some liquid bacteria starter...
Could I clean(with bleach) the filter that's on it currently and then add some media from another tank and some bacteria in a bottle? Would that work?

At the suggestion of @Wills I added some rocks to the scape :)

I took apart the whole tank today and added new sand and the rocks.
I would say it looks pretty good :)
1659469871063.png

I am going to return the 300w heater I think. Its just too long. The 200w should be here on Thursday..

That looks great! Really good composition, when those plants start to fill in and grow over the rocks itā€™s going to look amazing!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back