30 Gallon Stocking?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Betta5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
What would you go for? I have 2 ocellaris clowns at the moment. They are pretty happy and active fish. What should I add next?

Im not really sure what I want the end stocking to be but maybe a purple firefish?

any ideas?

Well my tank has been up for a good few weeks now and I have done a waterchange and the water looks even more crystal clear which I love, Test are all great. Clowns are happy and active, eating everything and tank is running well in general. So tomorrow im off to the pet shop for frozen rat weaners for my other babies and I will browse the marine section and see what they have.

I just want to get 1 fish as I don't want to risk anything and want to move slow. So maybe some sort of firefish, or maybe a royal gramma, bi colour blenny. Im wishful thinking really because its quite a small shop and they don't always have alot lol

Im looking into anything that will fit into my tank and that wont be agressive. I saw a clown goby at ADC, and it was so cute, and I should have brought it, but i was so pee'd off that it was so rubbish I just had to get out of there. Also the staff are hardly friendly faced.

Any other goby suggestions?

Oooh yeah I like those. Would a bi colour angel be OK is a 30 gallon?

Would this be to much for a 30 gallon

- 2 Ocellaris clowns (already have)
- 1 bi colour angel
- 1 royal gramma
- 1 yellow watchman goby OR red firefish OR purple firefish (havn't made my mind up lol)
- 1 flame hawkfish

Looks like to much, but I thought the goby options are pretty small and low waste producers?? If not I can just drop that whole section.

Thats the sort of stocking I would aim for. Although at the rate im thinking I will have upgraded to at leased a 55 gallon (hopefully a 100 gal) before I finish stocking this tank lol

i had a bi-colour, they are pretty sensitive as far as dwarf angels go, they can just suddenly die. mine was a coral muncher and off he went back to the shop. They quite often tun into coral munchers aswel. Coral beauties are about the most reef safe imo

rest of your list looks ok to me, id go for the purple fire fish though, tehy are bigger and a bit more active

I think that list is a bit much IMO. I have never read a positive post about owning a hawkfish, especially in a nano. I would avoid them if possible. SH

i had a bi-colour, they are pretty sensitive as far as dwarf angels go, they can just suddenly die. mine was a coral muncher and off he went back to the shop. They quite often tun into coral munchers aswel. Coral beauties are about the most reef safe imo

rest of your list looks ok to me, id go for the purple fire fish though, tehy are bigger and a bit more active

Ahhh cool! Is there a somewhat hardydwarf angel? Chrub(sp) look cool.

I was thinking about going for a purple firefish aswell. I saw a group in the shop yesterday and they looked so nice!

I think that list is a bit much IMO. I have never read a positive post about owning a hawkfish, especially in a nano. I would avoid them if possible. SH

Thats no problem. Would the list be ok stocking if I just leave the hawk off?

Without the hawk I think you are fine. Hawkfish are nothing but trouble. They can eat your shrimp..at least harasse them, snails too. They frequently are very territorial, peck and nip, etc.

Have fun.

SH

I have never read a positive post about owning a hawkfish, especially in a nano. I would avoid them if possible. SH

You haven't read my journel then :p however agree that in a nano a hawk might not be the best bet. i have a lovely red hawk but he does eat my small snails :crazy: but he certainly is not territorial or aggressive to other fish, he hasnt touched my shrimp either, but I did ensure I bought big-uns :lol:

Seffie x

a shame about the hawkfish as my mate has one and its my favourite fish in his tank. bags of character

Im trying to keep things as peaceful as posible and also the hawk was the fish I wanted least out of the list so Im not really to bummed about it.

Are there any small fish that like to hang out in the open?

My clowns do but only when I feed them really, otherwise they are both hanging around the rocks. I think royal grammas and purple firefish are hiders aswell. I don't just want to look in the tank and it look empty lol

I think dwarf angels swim around. Whats the best dwarf angel, for a FO?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back