3 New Convicts

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Convicts can be difficult and easy to sex. The males usually have a very pointed lond top and bottom fin. The females are usually rounded and they also have alot of orange to their belly. if you post a pic i could sex them for you. Good luck :D :D

no need for sexing two of the big ones have spawned :) will convicts eat the eggs of other pairs?is it best if i get rid of the others and just keep the pair?is it possible to have 2 pairs in one tank?

no need for sexing two of the big ones have spawned :) will convicts eat the eggs of other pairs?is it best if i get rid of the others and just keep the pair?is it possible to have 2 pairs in one tank?

2 pairs = need for very very very big tank.... prob bigger than what is feasible in a typical home... as Bulrock74's 350G got taken over by one pair......

2 pairs = need for very very very big tank.... prob bigger than what is feasible in a typical home... as Bulrock74's 350G got taken over by one pair......

i think his cons must of jus been a bit savage or something cos i had 3 pairs (and a total of 13 cons) in my 6ft and they got on suprisingly well.

it was only one week ago my convicts spawned for the first time and my plec ate all the eggs,so i moved the plec to the piranha tank and took out the spare convicts leaving just the pair.
and this morning only one week later there are hundreds of new eggs i cant believe they did it again so soon :eek: this time they have moved the nest and have put the eggs up high on some bogwood out of the plecs way(even tho it has gone),they are guarding them much more seriously this time.what clever little fishies :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back