29g Low Tech Lps/softies

Pepermint shrimp's eggs hatched :3

XgMBy.jpg

b8RRW.jpg

yXWS3.jpg

ZYbVq.jpg

Well, a few weeks ago a got a tuxedo urchin. The urchin has succesfully eaten all of my caulerpa
angry.png
I am not pleased. Now as a result of having less vegitative growth, my nitrates jumped to 40 ppm last night
no.gif
. Moved more light over my chaeto fuge seems to have fixed it problem, down to 15-20ppm this evening.

My mother surprised me with a christmas favia yesterday. Not to sure where I should place it, so i put it in the edge of my lighting in a moderate to moderate/high flow section down stream from anything it could sting.
Ill post pics as soon as I find my camera battery charger.

Ah...the sand dwelling chitons. Does yours ever show its face above sand?

The urchin has succesfully eaten all of my caulerpa

This happened because you will have inadvertently let on that you wanted to cultivate the macro. The minute you have too much macro and try to get rid of some by feeding some to the urchin, it will refuse to touch the stuff indefinitely.

Ah...the sand dwelling chitons. Does yours ever show its face above sand?

The urchin has succesfully eaten all of my caulerpa

This happened because you will have inadvertently let on that you wanted to cultivate the macro. The minute you have too much macro and try to get rid of some by feeding some to the urchin, it will refuse to touch the stuff indefinitely.

Never seen him above the sand, I always thought he was a flatworm.

Well, i guess my first mistake was growing the caulerpa in the display. I did like it in the DT, it made a great home for pods and looked really good with the 20k/440nm on it.

Also, bryopsis eating limpet (only eats it when you cut it's length down)
YFa4d.jpg

Also, bryopsis eating limpet (only eats it when you cut it's length down)

Keep an eye on that guy as you add corals. Since I think I recall the rock as having been from the same region as some I had, it will be the same species as ones I've gotten a few times (I forget what it is off the top of my head; one of those things I always look up and forget again 5min later). Mine have all been very well-behaved except for when I allowed one access to an expensive green Nephthea frag - ate every bit of the darned thing in less than two days.

like the fish, is that a court jester goby or something similar?

Yep, Amblygobius rainfordi. Rainfordi's goby/Courtjester goby. I would put his dificulty on par with the mandarin, he won't take any prepared or live food I have offered so far. He gets most of his food from sand sifting and nibbling at my hair algae.

Yep, Amblygobius rainfordi. Rainfordi's goby/Courtjester goby. I would put his dificulty on par with the mandarin, he won't take any prepared or live food I have offered so far. He gets most of his food from sand sifting and nibbling at my hair algae.

Never knew they sifted! Interesting.

Got some cool stuff for xmas. A vortech MP10ES and NO3 and PO4 test kits \o/

I removed a HOB and that massive powerhead I had on the tank and replaced both with the MP10. It is fabulous. I have calibrated the pulse frequency to give me 1-2" waves. My hair algae is pulsing like xenia lolol.

Tested my water with the new kits. 1ppm NO3 and 0.08ppm of PO4, not bad for a skimmerless tank.

My monies have exploded in growth. More growth on the encrusing monty in the past few days than it had in it's entire life in my tank.

I'm also sumping this tank, got a 20H from petco durring the dollar per gallon sale (still going on) and I plan on hooking it up with a HOB overflow. Sump will be Jaubert/Monaco style fuge 5" of DSB and a 1/2" plenum. It will let me take the final HOB off the tank as well as my fugly HOB fuges.

Most reactions

Back