29g Low Tech Lps/softies

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Last crab removed (I hope) 
QEvvBes.jpg

Zoas look happy!

Just realized I missed the crab post from ages ago; looks like it was a Pilumnus crab. I've got a bunch in my tanks that I've never removed. 

Invert shots:
Cap coming back strong!
pQ0CFVC.jpg

I moved it temporarily and it put down roots >_>.  O well, it is happy there so ill leave it
kYhUDa9.jpg

This thing
grows like it is trying to eliminate all of my carbonates
mnQS7sT.jpg

Still looking for a spot for this guy

My favorite coral P. americana
P3Mg8BJ.jpg

J3aHxAQ.jpg

Think I had a spawning event, lots of little polyps popping up.
1L3RIsf.jpg

A. valida
XMZohu2.jpg

Last but not least, my stylo
gPl3Amp.jpg

Omnomnom
ZK1ozpH.jpg

Rotifer culture.  Sending these off to France, to get some culture 
rofl.gif
25MKwDT.jpg

Any one have any idea what type of tunicate/sponge this is? It sort of popped up in my tank.
MjXocwv.jpg

Are the big tubes always paired (tunicate)? If I've interpreted the pic right then it looks like the smaller ones aren't and are more of a tangle, which would make me think of things like Clathrina, but sponge IDs are annoying since the morphology can change so much depending on the environment.

EDIT: typo fixed; originally wrote "Clatherina" which is wrong.

Some are paired and some arent >_>.  There are also a ton of what look like rhizoids/holdfasts.  I am sort of leaning more toward them being sponges, they don't appear to actively 'pump'.  I also have yet to poke them.

They are also not at right angles to each other.

More bad pics:
4gzuRdX.jpg

AxbfWfY.jpg

Some tunicates have tubes that sit almost perfectly in parallel. But, in the new pics they look less paired, so that must have just been the angle of the first pic. 

There appears to be a few that are paired but it is very inconsistent.  Could just be coincidence.

visited a new (new to me) LFS today and got some 2lbs of amazing LR for $5/lb and 3 acro frags for $5 each :D.  Pics once I clean the glass.
suatmm1.jpg

Most reactions

Back