29g Low Tech Lps/softies

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

nice wave motion, very natural looking

Thanks
thumbs-up.gif

Started putting up my refugium today. 20g tank, 70lbs of sand 10g of water lol.
You can see the plenum floating.

3FXar.jpg

OGkoM.jpg

8Syg9.jpg

Fuge is connected to the DT!

I also got a Liopropoma swalesi, it was only $40, I couldn't pass up such a good deal. Next on the fish list is a either a combtooth/twospot/tailspot blenny.

Edit: pics will go up when I clean everything up.

It provides a home for sand dwelling dendritavores such as several species of worms (they don't look that great in the display). It also creates oxygen free layers where de-nitrifying bacteria can grow there by reducing nitrates and phosphates.

OK when i make a sump i am thinking of having a middle bit as a refuge with a dsb to help with my nitrates.

Looking good mate

God #71###ing damnit, the basslet died >_<. I just cought the CBS eating it's remains. Kinda ##angry##, not entirely sure what happened. Could be stress from the move (they are deep water species and if it wasn't de-pressureized properly....) or the CBS could have killed it. I have no idea. The fish did not smell so it couldn't have been dead for long.

Unlucky Mate. Hopefully its nothing too serious. Sorry about your loss.

Wish i could help.

New montipora frag. I think it's a digitata. It is red with bright yellow/green/orange (not sure I'm somewhat color blind) polyps under 440nm. I had no idea it was this awesome at the LFS (they have no actinic).

Pics once I charge my camera.

Went to the beach today and got a bunch of shells for my hermits. One even had a hermit inside \o/. I'm keeping it in the fuge till it can be IDed.

If anyone knows what it might be, or even what genus I would appreciate it. It is an equal handed crab.

AHY5KGT.jpg

NU0lS8Q.jpg

dvdeyJ5.jpg

what about the important parameters like phosphate, nitrite and nitrate?

What about them? Nitrite is largely irreverent in salt water, phosphate levels of anything short of fertilizer wouldn't kill a fish and nitrate levels wouldn't directly kill a fish, only shorten it's lifespan and make it susceptible to illness. My sps would die from these long before a fish would.

I did check my nitrate and it was at 3ppm, a little higher than normal but I can attribute it to the dead fish in the tank. The LFS owner told me he keeps his tanks at 1.022 (which is low for such a fish) and I keep my tank at 1.026sg, sora a big change even with acclimation.

The fish was wild caught, it could have been decompressed poorly, sustained stress from shipping, been caught with cyanide and or been exposed to something at the LFS. There is also a chance my CBS killed it, but I don't think so as my goby (who is smaller) is still alive.

Most reactions

Back