2022-2023 NFL Discussion

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Raiders head coach did not make great calls. And the referees are not good at all this season. Roughing the passer calls are getting absurd, and they are paying a lot more attention to the obscure rules.

Well it's now Sunday October 16. And what do I do on Sunday - I watch football on the Telly.
Will watch the Pats vs Browns at 1PM here. I am hoping the replacement QB, Zappe, starts the game as the main QB is still healing from a heal injury a couple of weeks ago. I'd like to see how this 23 year old QB does in his second professional start. He did well last week and I'd like to see him get another chance to show us what he's got.

But I am really looking forward to the Bills -- Chiefs game at 4PM. Two contending teams who I predict could play each other in the AFC championship game as they are both fantastic teams. Mahomes is fun to watch. I am rooting for the Chiefs but a win for either team wont be easy for these closely matched teams.

Last edited:
I'm depressed wondering when my Browns are going to bench Brissett at QB. He had three more turnovers today. Has more turn overs than touchdowns.

Good game going on between the Chiefs and Bills but going to switch over to Cleveland and New York baseball anyway. Cleveland could clinch the divisional series with a win tonight.

I lost my fantasy football game, only putting up 96 points. Probably going to win my other league, as I need 27 points from Mike Boone or Gordon (whoever plays, Gordon is questionable), Austin Ekler, and Courtland Sutton.

PAT CHIEFS BUCS
Another great day for football. 3 games broadcast on local antenna tv channels

A bit of a surprise that the Jets beat the Bills! Jets defense really showed up.

My Browns are on their bye week. Even though bye weeks are really just a way to extend the season another week for more money I have nothing against bye weeks except for one really trivial thing. Not the case but let's say that going in to this weeks the Ravens and Browns were tied at 4 and 4. Browns don't play this week but the Ravens do. After the Ravens play they are either 5-4 or 4-5 yet the Browns are still 4-4. In either case who is actually leading the division. I just think that all teams in a division should have the same bye week. :dunno:

Brady and company pull off a last seconds win! That's called doing it Brady Style!

Ray Guy died at 72 after a long illness.

Fot those not old enough to remember Ray Guy he is the only pure punter to be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame. He was also the first punter to be drafted in the first round. He could have also played in the MLB or NBA but more importantly he was also a good person.

I discovered something this evening. :) Welcome to the jay's sports bar! ;)

On a normal Sunday I will listen to the radio broadcast for the Browns with Red Zone going but muted through cable. With the NFL Game Pass I can only listen to radio live. Can't actually watch until the game is over.

A friend is coming over Sunday for football and he would probably rather have the Bills/Vikings or Broncos/Titans games on video rather than Red Zone.

He was fine with all this but I have a surprise for him... and myself. I can do Spectrum Cable through the cable box or on-line. Since I run dual screens it will end up being Browns/Dolphins on audio along with the Broncos/Titans on one display and the Bills/Vikings on the other display muted. The cool thing is that with my Yamaha sound system I can pretty much switch audio with a click on the remote. This could work out pretty cool. :)

I would find that a bit distracting trying to keep tabs on 3 games at once. I am hoping to watch Tampa Bay Seattle game (broadcast from Germany) via NFL+ app i. I can then airplay the game to my 50 inch tv. I heard the game would be only on the app but airplay solves the issue so I can watch on TV.

I would find that a bit distracting trying to keep tabs on 3 games at once. I am hoping to watch Tampa Bay Seattle game (broadcast from Germany) via NFL+ app i. I can then airplay the game to my 50 inch tv. I heard the game would be only on the app but airplay solves the issue so I can watch on TV.
No more so than being in a sports bar will all the games going. Now if I were to have the audio going for all three that would be different.

I have Tampa/Seattle On my TV straight through my cable box on the NFL Network.

watching tampa seattle on my phone via free trial of nfl plus. Not able to cast to the tv...oh well...I have a nice stand to hold the phone 1 ft from my eyeballs as I lean back in my recliner. Sound coming through tower floor standing Boston Acoustics speakers.
I dumped cable years ago and don't miss it. So much free stuff via Roku. I just signed up for a free month of Paramount plus.

watching tampa seattle on my phone via free trial of nfl plus. Not able to cast to the tv...oh well...I have a nice stand to hold the phone 1 ft from my eyeballs as I lean back in my recliner. Sound coming through tower floor standing Boston Acoustics speakers.
I dumped cable years ago and don't miss it. So much free stuff via Roku. I just signed up for a free month of Paramount plus.
I wonder why you couldn't cast it. :dunno:

Not familiar with Boston Acoustics... Are they decent? I go through an 12 speaker Yamaha system. It is a single piece unit like a glorified sound bar but in a one bedroom apartment is more than I need and sounds really good. It has 8 beam speakers, 2 woofers and 2 sub-woofers. It doesn't have an HDMI port but does have dual optical audio inputs. I don't miss the HDMI as both my screens have optical audio output. It is a Yamaha SRT1000.

Well my Browns totally self destructed again. :(

My viewing experiment went well although I went from the Bills/Vikings game to Red Zone so ended up with the Browns radio feed the only audio with Broncos/Titans and Red Zone muted.

I'm also considering dropping cable and have several streaming services going that I'm testing. If I do drop I'll also drop Spectrum cable internet and phone (I only do landline) going to Century Link DSL. It would drop my download speed by half but, unless doing very large downloads, 60 Mb/sec is plenty for any streaming. LOL! Problem is that I do some very large downloads but can always do in the background. Another issue would be losing Red Zone and the NFL Network although, if I really look, I'm sure that some streaming outfit carries those.

Sorry for the long post, just rambling. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back