2023-2024 NFL Discussion

Well - media, halftime show, etc etc are needed to help pay for
players like Mahomes making 50 Mil a year.
Commercials cost $7 Mil per 30 seconds. Resellers are charging as much as $55,000 for good seats...nosebleed seats are selling for $8,000.
Also the following fact;
" according to Equity Atlas, a Super Bowl-winning owner can expect to earn about $30 million from the NFL. Furthermore, winning the Super Bowl is known to boost a franchise's overall value significantly. According to a report, a Super Bowl win can increase a franchise's value by an estimated 20-30%"

Well - media, halftime show, etc etc are needed to help pay for
players like Mahomes making 50 Mil a year.
Commercials cost $7 Mil per 30 seconds. Resellers are charging as much as $55,000 for good seats...nosebleed seats are selling for $8,000.
Also the following fact;
" according to Equity Atlas, a Super Bowl-winning owner can expect to earn about $30 million from the NFL. Furthermore, winning the Super Bowl is known to boost a franchise's overall value significantly. According to a report, a Super Bowl win can increase a franchise's value by an estimated 20-30%"
Thank you for proving my point. ;) It is no longer about the game, it is about media attention and money. And it isn't just the NFL. To sit behind home plate in Yankee stadium will cost from $500.00 USD to $2500.00 USD for a single seat during the regular season... totally crazy! I wish I could blame the owners and/or players but can't as the fans are at fault as they supply the money. Please don't come back with the 'TV money' argument on this as, without fans watching, there would not be the TV money.

All I'm concerned with is the cost for me to watch the superbowl. I paid $25 for takeout, and 50 cents for electricity to power the tv. And I get a front row cushioned reclining electric seat in front of a 50 inch tv with surround sound. And I get to watch the game with multiple views via cameras all around the stadium. I dont need to pay $12 for a beer or $8 for a hotdog. So for me , watching the game is a bargain. I don't need to be at the game to enjoy it.

All I'm concerned with is the cost for me to watch the superbowl. I paid $25 for takeout, and 50 cents for electricity to power the tv. And I get a front row cushioned reclining electric seat in front of a 50 inch tv with surround sound. And I get to watch the game with multiple views via cameras all around the stadium. I dont need to pay $12 for a beer or $8 for a hotdog. So for me , watching the game is a bargain. I don't need to be at the game to enjoy it.
We can agree on this but even though just doing the low cost TV viewing we are both adding to the inflated salaries and such. At home people watch any game cheap but still contribute to the money pit for, if not for fans watching games on TV, that money would not be there.

For instance as to what I'm saying about it being all about media presentation I went to the CBS broadcast at about 4:10PM expecting to catch a final pregame thing but no. Game start was advertised to be at 4:30 PM in my time zone. At 4:10 there was nothing going on about football but, rather, a roll-out stage in the middle of the field with someone I don't know singing.

Don't get me wrong as I love the NFL but the Super Bowl game seems to not matter anymore. A year from now many won't even remember what teams were in the Super Bowl let alone who won but they will remember who performed at halftime. It just seems sort of sad to me...

Halftime is good with SF up by seven. LOL! More important is that I messed up on my cooking times and will be stuck with the halftime show while I eat. Here is what I consider a Super Bowl halftime chow down. ;) BBQ sirloin tips in the middle with mac&cheese surrounding then broken up garlic bread spread around. :)

IMG_0511.JPG

I had thai takeout for dinner. 4 orders of appetizers:
Crab Ragoon, chicken wings, spring rolls, and veggie dumplings.

Most reactions

Back