16Gal Sumped Marine Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Another update then. Just a few pics, Things are slow and am not planning much at the mo.

20130511_170457.jpg

Got some of this, Gives the tank a more marine feel as it moves and just looks creepy :p Easy to grow tho :B

20130511_170503.jpg

My other coral is doing really well as well and it's great to see!

20130511_170510.jpg

Can see my finger! and my blue damsel in here. Starting to remind me more of what a marine tank should look like.

And overall :

20130511_1704490.jpg

I paid a member of a different forum to get me some LEDS. There going to be posted monday so I should have them soon. Will update when these turn up.

I can't wait to see the LEDs in action.  The shimmer they give will look impressive, believe me.  Looks great.  Just one question, I thought on your first page you could see the corner flow wall was blacked out, or at least I thought it was?  Now it is not?  Just my eyes playing tricks or did you change something? 

He is quite small.

BigTuna said:
I can't wait to see the LEDs in action.  The shimmer they give will look impressive, believe me.  Looks great.  Just one question, I thought on your first page you could see the corner flow wall was blacked out, or at least I thought it was?  Now it is not?  Just my eyes playing tricks or did you change something? 

The cover thingy came off and I couldn't get it to stick back on. Am not sure what to do now. I may drain it and get some blue instead of black? I see blue backgrounds more than I see black.

Ya I blue would look sweet.  I put up a plastic black background on my current display and I think it looks rather poor right now.  Water has dripped between it and the glass leaving residue.  It's not the easiest thing to get behind and clean.  I'm leaning towards painting my next one Blue.  I've thought about getting a couple thin pieces of acrylic and painting them.  One a nice blue, maybe another black.... that way I won't have one color that is pretty hard to change if I ever get sick of it. 

Just a quick update, Messing around with the leds lately.

20130514_143511.jpg

LEDs..... :drool:  nice midnight blues going on right there!

Yea, Am going to get another large LED bulb so I can have more spread of white. Then use the full blue one as midnight blues :p

Also under the blues I get this!

20130514_1505530.jpg

New tank mates added now, They'll be getting a bigger tank sorted. Got quoted 100 quid to get a 100+ litre tank made for me so hes ordering it in :3

Not the best of pics

20130518_133448.jpg

Bit of a update, My green star is doing insanely well. Getting longer green colours which am sure is a great sign!

20130522_151656.jpg

My xenia just looks the same, But we shall see how it gets on.

20130522_151705.jpg

Apart from that my new clowns seem quite happy, Already getting bullying issues with my yellow tail and clowns which is annoying me.

Trying to rehome the blue damsel but no one wants him, I may talk to my LFS about it.

20130518_133448.jpg

great pictures, really like the one with the clown front and center.  Looks great.

Love my clowns, Won't be giving them up anytime soon :p

God damn it. I overfilled my RO water contiair which my auto top up uses. What happen? It pretty much empty the excess water into my sump.

Luckily my sump can take a lot of overflow so it didn't flood but my skimmer went nuts and kept overfilling the cup again. Took me a good hour to get it to settle and be good.

My salinity has yet again dropped to something like 1.022 when I only just got it up to 1.025. Getting sick of it already >:C Just wanna throw it out the window >:C

Most reactions

Back