10g Planted Betta Tank(my first tank)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

@CuriousFins anymore updates? More tank pictures please!
Yup so the cholla wood is now in the tank with java moss. I'm still not sure if this will be the permanent location of them, though.
IMG_3431.JPG
IMG_3441.JPG

And the water sprite is putting sprouts out of the water.

Also, for people who didn't see my other thread, I found a snail egg sac on one of the plants. So... we may have to deal with a snail invasion later.

You'll never guess what I found today...
baby snail on seachem.JPG

I found three, and obviously removed them expeditiously. *grumbley noises bc incoming snail invasion* Is there any way to identify really tiny baby snails?

You'll never guess what I found today...
View attachment 154699

I found three, and obviously removed them expeditiously. *grumbley noises bc incoming snail invasion* Is there any way to identify really tiny baby snails?
No point in identification. Get rid of them quick before they reproduce too much.

That one is a physid snail, common names tadpole, pond and bladder snails.

The trick to keeping their numbers under control is not over feeding the fish. I've had these snails, and those tiny ramshorn snails in my tanks for years and they've not taken over yet.

No point in identification. Get rid of them quick before they reproduce too much.
Yup!
That one is a physid snail, common names tadpole, pond and bladder snails.

The trick to keeping their numbers under control is not over feeding the fish. I've had these snails, and those tiny ramshorn snails in my tanks for years and they've not taken over yet.
Okay, thanks. I've been told snails don't do as well in soft water, so that might help a bit too? (Or not, pest snails probably survive in literally any conditions)

Soft acidic water erodes their shells but they can live like that. Pest snails are indestructible. The snails we pay good money for are sensitive little creatures but pest snails will live quite happily through a fishless cycle with all that ammonia.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back