10g Planted Betta Tank(my first tank)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Also, I haven't had the heart to kill any snails, so I've just been putting them in a little plastic container with some dwarf sag leaves that died and an extra water sprite plant. It's fun to watch them when they aren't in your tank.

*hyperventilation*
IMG_3524.JPG
IMG_3525.JPG

IMG_3533.JPG

I don't have any other experience to compare him to, but he seems very active to me. He's always moving around, and only stays still for a few seconds at a time. He has eaten one pellet, but so far his favorite food is the sinking algae wafer that I put in for the shrimp. What is it with animals never doing what you want them to? 😂
IMG_3586.JPG

IMG_3590.JPG

IMG_3582.JPG

I don't have any other experience to compare him to, but he seems very active to me. He's always moving around, and only stays still for a few seconds at a time. He has eaten one pellet, but so far his favorite food is the sinking algae wafer that I put in for the shrimp. What is it with animals never doing what you want them to? 😂
View attachment 155333
View attachment 155334
View attachment 155335
You know, if you can find snail eggs, you can feed them to the betta. I used to do that with ramshorn eggs until the assassins I introduced ate them all.

So, I got a piece of mopani wood just because, and it grew this weird stuff. And I went on vacation for 10 days so the tank wasn't taken care of as carefully as I do. This is what it looks like now.
IMG_3745.JPG

Definitely a work in progress, but most of the plants are thriving. Only the ambulia isn't. The snail invasion has also flared up. As soon as I have time I'll do a WC, and prune some of the water sprite to let more light in, and remove as many snails as I can.

Beautiful tank and beautiful fish. It was a pleasure reading through your thread. I'm in Virginia too! I hope you can get it back to how it was. If the snail invasion continues to be a problem, an assassin snail will solve the problem for you.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back