10g Planted Betta Tank(my first tank)

Weellllll, the plants were supposed to arrive today but they didn't, so I'll just have to wait. :sad:
Post has been backed up pretty much internationally recently, just hang tight and they should be with you soon! Hoping that you get them asap from here on out.
Oh no! I just realised that my 40 litre has the lights and filter connected by the same wire, I think, so I can't replace the filter with a sponge filter. 😢
Without sounding hostile, what relevance does that have to the thread?

Dont worry that much. Is there an LFS close by where you could purchase a couple of plants just to keep you happy in the meantime?
Unfortunately no.
Oh no! I just realised that my 40 litre has the lights and filter connected by the same wire, I think, so I can't replace the filter with a sponge filter. 😢
Aww. :(
@CuriousFins any updates? The tank looks nice. Which model is this?
This is the aqueon size 10 tank.
Post has been backed up pretty much internationally recently, just hang tight and they should be with you soon! Hoping that you get them asap from here on out.
:D

Well, plants still haven't arrived(grumble grumble), but I will use the extra time to run this plant arrangement plan past you all. The proportions are off, but this is the basic idea.
IMG_3372.JPG

And I might put another juncus repens over by the filter. It's not the fanciest setup, but what do you think?
Edit: forgot to mention, I'll also be floating some water sprite.

Well, plants still haven't arrived(grumble grumble), but I will use the extra time to run this plant arrangement plan past you all. The proportions are off, but this is the basic idea.
View attachment 153959
And I might put another juncus repens over by the filter. It's not the fanciest setup, but what do you think?
Good ideas so far👍

View attachment 153959
The plant in front of the filter might not fare so well. In my experience, most plants don't do well in medium/high flow areas. If you kept it trimmed about half way up the tank, it should do well. If not, you risk the chance of the whole clump dying.

Also, is the substrate gravel or sand? It's hard to tell from the photos.

The plant in front of the filter might not fare so well. In my experience, most plants don't do well in medium/high flow areas. If you kept it trimmed about half way up the tank, it should do well. If not, you risk the chance of the whole clump dying.

Also, is the substrate gravel or sand? It's hard to tell from the photos.
The juncus repens or the ambulia?
It's sand, but fairly large... pieces? chuncks? specks? grains? idk

Most reactions

Back