1000 Us Gal Project

Well, captive environment, limited mate selection, he could keep on harrassing her... keep an eye on it, if she looks lethargic, or is constantly being chased, I'd be tempted remover her/him for a bit.

things are looking a bit better with the female leo today she was swimming around looking like a happy unstressed ray today until i went and opened the cover glasses to feed then she covered herself with sand and hasnt moved for a few hours

i have left the cover glasses open a bit then when she comes back out i will try to feed again

right the female seams to be eatting fine now and swims around for a few hours but get spooked easy and hides in the sand for ages

my african aro should be here in a week or 2 then that will be me fully stocked

I've just had a thought... if someone decided to break into your shed, they are going to have one hell of a surprise :p

Have you considered security on this building?

wow. that is one hell of a fish tank. My biggest tank is 45 gallons and theres not even fish in there! The tank really looks beautiful! :good: :good: :good:

And as drsquirrel says, theres lots of money right there. you need security systems lol

w00t new page! (srry i had to say that) :lol:

THE NEW RAY IS ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY I CAN POST A PIC NOW OF HOW BAD SHE WAS

I AM 100% SURE I DONE THE RIGHT THING BY NOT MOVING HER AS THE STRESS OF THE MOVE WOULD HAVE KILLED HER

A MALE THAT WANTS SEX IS A DANGEROUS THING

Attachments

• IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 91
A MALE THAT WANTS SEX IS A DANGEROUS THING

:rofl: :rofl:

Glad she is doing better. She looks absolutely awful in the picture. Sometimes it is better not to move the fish. How are you doing? Still think you need to submit this tank for TOTM. It's great!

llj

the female it totally healed now i will post a picture tomorrow

What a stunning tank!

I know very little about the fish in it, but they look amazing!

The Carettochelys is a bit more up my street. Its good to see someone keeping it in a tank thats going to be big enough for it too - wild females reach a carapace length of 2.5'+! I've never come across them going after fish - they're normally pretty vegetarian (their wild diet comprises a lot of fruit that falls into their rivers in PNG)- a friend of mine has two that swallow tomatoes like pills! (though they are in seperate tanks as they can be vicious buggers when it comes to territory).

True softshells aren't suitable to keep with fish, just as an fyi. A Nile softy will get as big as the fly, but would tear your lovely fish to pieces! even the aro...

Once again, awesome tank!

nasty bite marks :crazy:
i would not of been brave enough to leave them to it i would of taken her out

nasty bite marks :crazy:
i would not of been brave enough to leave them to it i would of taken her out

she is fine now not a mark on her

if i would have taken her out she was history for sure

Most reactions

Back