10 gallon stocking

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ZanaZoola14

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just wondering what people think would be good for a 10 gallon, roughly 40cmX30cmX30cm (I believe, will correct if wrong), don't mind single species as this tank previously held a single female betta.

My pH stays around 7.0, GH is around 10dGH, and KH is around 9dKH.

This is the current set up of the tank.

Attachments

• IMG20220623090656.jpg
    IMG20220623090656.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 72
If those are indeed correct dimensions, that tank is less than 10G....assuming we are talking about USG

Looks nice, though

If those are indeed correct dimensions, that tank is less than 10G....assuming we are talking about USG

Looks nice, though
No, not correct. More 45x31x30. Which I believe to be around 10 gal

Micro rasboras are a way to go, but do a diligent research, some of the species are super shy and you can have 10 and never see them. Same for CPD, they do way better in way larger and way longer in larger groups..
I did this thread
but your dimension are higher and wider instead of longer, so avoid shoaling fish that like to swim, unless you can provide a strong current to replicate.

Micro rasboras are a way to go, but do a diligent research, some of the species are super shy and you can have 10 and never see them. Same for CPD, they do way better in way larger and way longer in larger groups..
I did this thread
but your dimension are higher and wider instead of longer, so avoid shoaling fish that like to swim, unless you can provide a strong current to replicate.
I do have a filter that fits this tank that induces a strong current; just not currently using it as it was previously a betta tank.

I always say it for tanks this size , probably because I want to do it myself , pea puffers
I’d get about 4/5 of them

I always say it for tanks this size , probably because I want to do it myself , pea puffers
I’d get about 4/5 of them
Alright, I definitely want those as well. Would it be one male, multiple females? Or two males, multiple females. I heard the males can be like cichlids in their aggression

Ignore anything the water company says, look at the numbers. 10 dH is middling - neither soft nor hard. It is right at the upper limit for chili rasboras, and it's better to keep fish in the middle of their range. It's good for dwarf puffers (pea puffers) but I think they need a bigger tank for a group (3 gallons per puffer is the recommended stocking level)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back