10 Gal 2.0: The Rescape!

Ophy

New Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2026
Messages
40
Reaction score
51
Points
18
Location
oregon
20260510_152724.webp
Been meaning for a while to redo my 10 gallon. When I originally set it up, I sort of just put things in without much though about how it would look or work together in terms of hiding places, varied levels of water openness, etc.

Yesterday I stopped by my LFS with the intention of "just looking" and ended up finding some great plants and the perfect wood centerpiece for this tank. So today during water change I got it all rearranged with new plants and decor and I am beyond pleased.

Currently stocked with 9 neon tetras, one oto, 2 amano, 1 mystery snail and 2 nerite snails.

Ph has been stable at about 7.25, ammonia nitrate nitrite all stable at zero, and I don't remember the previous gh/kh readings.
 

Attachments

  • 20260510_152836.webp
    20260510_152836.webp
    245.8 KB · Views: 64
Mystery Man showed up! i don't see this guy too often so it's always nice to get some pics.
20260512_151001.webp
20260512_185839.webp

I noticed some scrapes/scuffing on the tip of its shell and I finally realized what's happening- it will climb almost to the top of the tank and then partially let go and slide/zoom down to the bottom and bump against the rocks/substrate/wood. Does anyone else have snails that do silly things like this?
 
20260512_160507.webp
20260512_160459.webp

I'm so incredibly pleased with the redo of this tank. The tetras have stopped nipping at each other entirely and I always see a few exploring the caves and spaces between the wood and rocks.
 
Nice looking tank. You should enter it in the June Tank of the Month contest which will feature tanks sized at 16 gallons and under.
 
20260528_071054.webp

Got some more plants and a honey gourami. The tetras have chilled way out post rescape and even more so with the addition of the gourami. Everyone continues exploring "cave" spaces between the hardscape and the gourami always comes to investigate my hand/tools when I do maintanence.
I think it is "overstocked" but I have not seen any signs of stress in the fish and levels remain stable at 0 ammonia, 0 nitrate, and negligibly low nitrites. Kh about 6° and Gh around 10°.
Current stocking:
  • 10 neon tetras
  • 1 honey gourami
  • 1 mystery snail
  • 1 nerite snail, he hasn't moved in ages but every time I check on him he squirms around so.. who knows.....
  • 2 amano shrimp
  • 1 oto
Plants added:
  • Duckweed
  • Floating bamboo
  • Some red tall guys
  • Some short red guys
 

Attachments

  • 20260528_071118.webp
    20260528_071118.webp
    246 KB · Views: 33
  • 20260528_071142.webp
    20260528_071142.webp
    309.9 KB · Views: 34
Looks good.
Hey…. correct me if I’m wrong but I am hoping your NItrItes are 0 and your NitrAtes are negligible. Here is your statement.
“…0 nitrate, and negligibly low nitrites.” Your nitrites should be at 0. Just checking……
 
Looks good.
Hey…. correct me if I’m wrong but I am hoping your NItrItes are 0 and your NitrAtes are negligible.
Yes! Without the tests and my documentation in front of me I get them mixed up. NitrAtes low, nitrItes 0 :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top