Planted Betta Sorority (Pic Heavy)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I moved the anubias that's attached to the fake ornament and replaced it with a piece of driftwood so now I don't need to bother with replacing the tannins every water change. I also pulled out 4 or so of the little crypts and planted a taller species crypt whose name I didn't catch, I think "red" was in it somewhere. The dirt didn't get in the water column too much when I pulled the baby crypts, but it helps that they only had a few short roots. Hopefully there's enough to support them when I plant them in a different tank. Will get more pics of the entire tank.
View attachment 82685
Think the crypt is Wendtii.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

I don't think so, the other crypts I already have should be wendtii, perhaps the new plant just looks different because it was grown in a different set up? Either way the new one has long stems with slightly red coloration and the crypts I already have are short stemmed, the leaves look rather different too.

Indeed they show different collors and leafshape in different set ups. In a unlighted paludarium they were short and dark. In a lighted aquarium they've longer and lighter leaves.
but it could be another as wel.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

New pics of the entire tank. Ignore the breeder basket, it has the recovering blue HM female in it from a failed breeding attempt. She's doing well, they all ate some frozen blood worms today.
You can see the different in color and leaf shape/length between the crypts fairly well. The new one if bright green. I really wanted a plant that adds more vertical cover for the bettas (the vals failed), so I'm hoping this new crypts grows all the way to the surface and starts growing runners.

I've realized that using flash in a lit room doesn't work as well as not using flash in a dark room.
IMG_0261.JPG

Lights are not on this time. I've never explained why there is a paper towel behind the filter...It's there because the HOB doesn't have the support notch that keeps the filter level. Hence the paper towel.
IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0284.JPG

Do your girls go mental when you feed live food? I just fed mine mosquito larvae and they went stupid chasing the larvae and each other.

Im just uploading a video of it 5 minutes after I fed them and will post it in my sorority thread.

You should post some videos of your girls.

Last edited:
The only live foods I feed any of my fish is mosquito larva a baby earth worms. Unfortunately neither of them is available in the winter, so I can't take any videos of them chasing down food. I do have a video or two of them jumping out of the water to get food off my finger, but I don't really know how to upload videos. I'll play around a bit and try to figure it out though.

Upload them to youtube.

Update pictures, I only took pics of the half w/o the breeder net in it.
feb2217.JPG
feb2217B.JPG
feb2217C.JPG
IMG_0285.JPG

Pic of Rose before being shredded during a breeding attempt.
IMG_0286.JPG

I was observing my sister's 36 gallon tank and the new plants when I spotted this little guy :D
Turns out the two adult MTS I threw in there over a month ago have been busy. I found several others whom are now settling into my tank.
MTS2.JPG

MTS1.JPG

What will happen is your snail population will explode, Do nothing just leave them be, The numbers will settle to what your tank can support,

That's fine with me, I like my snails. Unfortunately the red/pink HM has been slowly killing off my red rams...unless they're starving to death. Either way there's empty shells here and there and I hardly ever see baby snails crawling around. Maybe I'll starting adding bits of cucumber and squash slices.

I hardly ever talk about my mom's CT but it looks like after suddenly coming down with a bit of finrot he has quickly developed dropsy. His scales are sticking out (but not very bloated) and he lays on the bottom all the time. The finrot seems to of went away though. I have no idea what caused this. He's in a 10gal all on his own with a super slow filter and regular water changes. The temp is right around 78. Now I have a smaller bucket floating in the tank to keep it warm, now he can reach the surface more easily. Aquarium salt and Tetra life guard is what I'm treating him with but it doesn't look too great.

If he has dropsy stop the aquarium salt

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back