Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Planted Betta Sorority (Pic Heavy)

Discussion in 'Planted Aquarium Journals' started by Demeter32, Apr 1, 2016.

1. NickAu

NickAu Member
    Tank of the Month Winner!

Those crypts are looking great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Demeter32

Demeter32 Member

Changed the internal HOB back to an external HOB. Much better water circulation throughout the tank and far less mulm accumulating on the plant leafs between water changes.
    IMG_2566[1].JPG

See the shrimp on the driftwood? Looks like there are 3 shrimp that have escaped Otabek's eye. I've seen one with a saddle so perhaps more shrimp on the way. IMG_2567[1].JPG

I keep pulling little crypts and at this point I have no room in other tanks to plant them in. At least another dozen runners are starting to pop up and I'm debating on just letting them grow. What would happen I cut half of the large crypts down to stubs? Would they completely reset and go back to being low growing like they were when I had the sorority in here? Would they stop sending up runners? Food for thought...

• Like Like x 2
  3. NickAu

NickAu Member

I have the same problem with my crypts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. matakita

matakita New Member

Nice tank! Following

• Like Like x 1
  5. Demeter32

Demeter32 Member

After observing the tank really close I counted a total of 5 shrimp, 3 females (one berried) and 2 more than likely males. Pretty surprised honestly, I thought for sure Otabek would eat them.
    IMG_2774.JPG

I'm working on getting Otabek back in shape for breeding. I haven't decided on who to pair him with this time, either the double tail or the marbled white HM. I admit I love double tails but I also love light colored marbles. I think his nerite snail friend is about to kick the bucket. I've had it for quite a while and it hasn't moved in 4 days. Still doesn't stink but somethings not right.
    Otabek 3-19-18.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Demeter32

Demeter32 Member

Found a single and very thin black kuhli in a tank with angels at the pet store I recently started working at. I've visited this store for months and never noticed this loach, it's the same place I bought my other black loaches so this guy probably went unseen for at least several months (since the time I bought my trio). I scooped him up, put him in a specimen container till closing time and then took him home. He hid most of that day but now he's swimming around and eating with the other two. Now If I could just fine 3 more of these guys I'd have a proper school again.
    [​IMG]

I also netted out 6 juvenile red cherries. There's only adult browns in here so apparently there's a few recessive gene carriers. Slowly building up a red cherry colony.

• Like Like x 2
  7. NickAu

NickAu Member

Kool Kuhli.

• Like Like x 1