Planted Betta Sorority (Pic Heavy)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Took more pics, this time without the breeder basket. Rose decided to jump out of it on her own. Nearly gave me a heart attack, I was looking all over the floor around the tank and then she swam out from among the crypts. No one is bullying anyone, and as horrible as the wounds look on Rose she is healing pretty fast, you can see the clear fin growth all over her fins.
IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0410.JPG

feb2717.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG

Finally managed to get pics of the CT, she moves way to fast.
IMG_0405.JPG
IMG_0377.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 393
Good to see her fins are healing, you do have a lid on the tank don't you?

Its a partial lid that covers about half the tank. That's part of the reason why I try to keep the water level a bit low. Not gonna lie, most of my tanks come from garage sales so only a few of them came with lids. I made some mesh covers out of old window screening for the 29 and 20 gallon tanks and ran out before I could make one for the 10.

Indeed it does, there's some over the tank I planned on using for spawning the bettas. Problem is it works a little too well. The temp goes from 82 up to 86 after the florescent light's been on all day.

Never thought of that. I'll see about doing that tomorrow. I was trying to find a way to not roast the fish but also give the plants enough light.

Went to the pet store today to see if they had a new shipment of driftwood, plants or fish. They had none of the above but I did buy some frozen krill and blood worms. The lady also let me look at their in-progress breeding room but only a few tanks were up and running, and she let me take some duckweed :D Then I went to a different store, they had plants and corydoras.I bought the last 4 corries of the one species and then 3 plants. I split the plants among 3 tanks.

Water sprite in the 10 gallon with the 4 corries (quarantine)
IMG_0490.JPG

Don't remember which is which, one is ludwigia and the other is Rotala
IMG_0496.JPG
IMG_0498.JPG

So far so good with the new plants. They haven't dropped hardly any leaves but the ones I put in the 20gal seem to be getting on better. Makes sense, the lighting is a bit higher on that tank. I think it's safe to say the new crypt has adjusted quite well, zero leaf loss and it's grown a handful of new ones. Rose and Taiga are nearly completely healed, Rose just has to get her color back into the clear fin growth. The loaches are fat and happy and the 5 or so MTS I put in haven't been seen since adding them. The tank is looking crowded and I can't wait till spring so I can get the 20gal dirted and planted, then the girls and kuhlis will be moved into it and Grey can live in the 10gal.
IMG_0602.JPG

Cat hair right in front of Rose's face...
IMG_0597.JPG

I put my finger in and they all started biting, vicious things.
IMG_0588.JPG

They circle like sharks, I feel like I'm in Jaws
IMG_0605.JPG

You trying to get them to eat your fingers?

They hold still a little better when they are busy sizing up my finger. It's hard getting them all to hold still at one time to take a pic.
They're getting good at aiming when they jump now. I'll dangle a blood worm a little ways above the water and the CT is always first to grab it. I try to distract her while I feed the others because she is super energetic when it's time to feed them. Nova, the veil tail, is getting a little blind it seems so it takes her a little while to "lock on" to the pellets.

Thats perfect,

I see the Kuhlis are also active

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back