Planted Betta Sorority (Pic Heavy)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Red Rams horn, I don't think I have bladder snails in the sorority tank but I know I do in the other betta tanks :p Speaking of snails, I think I finally got my hands on some MTS. There was at least two that came with a chunk of pre-soaked driftwood my sister bought, so I left them in her tank and will just take some out of there when/if they start reproducing.
I took a few pics of the new boy, he's a double tail halfmoon, but a plakat none the less. Said sister also bought the same fin type but he's a royal blue (and a big boy).
Mplakat3.JPG

Mplakat2.JPG

Mplakat.JPG

blueplakat.JPG

The flash really brings out my bettas colors but the blue boy looks pretty sad...He's actually pretty neat looking in person. He has some white on the end of his dorsal.

I would be sad if I was in a cup like that too. So you got 2 MTS? soon you will have many.

Heres the girls.
M2egPMX.jpg

Oooh I especially like the white one. Is she white through and through or do you think she will become marbled? She looks pretty much fully grown as do the others. You thinking about getting a couple more girls or nah?
And the blue male is already settling into his new home. He gets to stay in the newly planted 36 gallon with a long finned bristle nose plec. Not too sure what other fish my sister plans on adding with him, but I will most certainly have a say in it ;)

No idea on tail type or if I will get more these 3 are used to each other adding more might cause problems.
2zecs50.jpg

I moved my new boy to my male CT tank because I haven't had a chance to buy a heater for the 20 long. I thought sharing the ten gallon was better than being stuck in the breeder basket. I added lots of fake plants on either side of the divider. Also moved the driftwood and corydoras to my sister's 36gal for safe keeping ;) Her betta boy is still following the cory cats around but I don't think there will be any problems.

It almost looks like my boys are twins color wise. Both pearly white with sheens of blue and then there's the marbled patches. The plakat's look more black than blue though. Will add pics eventually.

Happy bettas, but I really need to figure out how to not let the little crowntail eat so much. She's way more aggressive when I feed them and her little belly gets way to big, she sometimes seems to have trouble swimming right. I've been feeding them the Omega One sinking mini pellets which were originally for some cichlid fry, but they've been traded to the pet store. Everyone seems to like the pellets, especially the loaches who have plumped up quite a bit since I've got them. I can't say for sure on their genders, but I think there's 2 males and a female. The possible female is noticeably longer and plumper than the other two.

I can't seem to get any good pictures of just the crowntail, she's too fast. Also, you can see the white spots on the anubias leaves where the nerite snail scraped it. There's even little snail teeth marks.
IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG

I moved the anubias that's attached to the fake ornament and replaced it with a piece of driftwood so now I don't need to bother with replacing the tannins every water change. I also pulled out 4 or so of the little crypts and planted a taller species crypt whose name I didn't catch, I think "red" was in it somewhere. The dirt didn't get in the water column too much when I pulled the baby crypts, but it helps that they only had a few short roots. Hopefully there's enough to support them when I plant them in a different tank. Will get more pics of the entire tank.
IMG_0256.JPG

Buy some live plants the snails are usually hitch hikers.

PS,
If you cant find any I am sure one of our American members will send you some for free.
To bad you don't live in the US, I have hundreds of Assassin Snails I'd gladly give away. Selling to 3 LFS doesn't put a dent into the population. They are beautiful though. I just want my 60G tank back. Lol.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back