Place Your Bets

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

oh boy ... I can't believe what I'm seeing. I knew I had one surviving fry in my main tank but another has just shown up and this one is the same size as the one's in my fry tank. At this rate I'm gonna be over-run with panda cories.

I've heavily pruned my tank today and the amount of eggs I found on the leaves I was cutting off there's no wonder fry are turning up 

yet again, a lot of the eggs don't look viable. There are a lot of white eggs ... such a shame really cos I was hoping for fry in larger numbers given the amount that just don't make it :/

from around 40 eggs I got just 4 new cories. They've been set loose into the tank with plenty of moss and a sponge filter and I'm just allowing nature to decide this time around. The larger cories are seperated by a glass pane and so they can't eat the newbies. What will be will be

are we ready for the 'aww' factor? As already mentioned I've two baby cories in my main tank at the moment - one is larger than the other and the larger of the two has today plucked up the courage to come into the open and eat with the adults ... which means I grab the camera

Here we go

022_zps0f9k4jfp.jpg

025_zpss47p3f4o.jpg

I'll keep trying to get a photo of the smaller one :)

it's even braver today, it's been sat in the open all by itself with the angels swimming just above. As for the smaller one - it's staying close to my java fern covered wood so not brave yet :)

well it's been a week of seeing nothing of the newest cories and finally tonight I've eyeballed 2 ... moving around confidently, snuffling in the sand and swimming around. They look really strong.

Meanwhile I'm having no luck with this new microworm culture - all I'm growing is mould ... I think I've been sold a bag of 'dust' hey-ho

Harlequins said:

Aww thanks Harlequins ... I've been worried about these two all day. I had a little hiccup with the tank this morning when it over heated (heater's gone wonky) and I was so worried they'd both perished. As it is the larger one came out with the adults for something to eat and the smaller one has just been sighted in the java fern. It's all good :)

UPDATE:

I've just managed to catch the smaller baby in my main tank - he's now in the fry tank with the others. I may have a go at catching the larger one too - although I'll feel really bad about as he's really happy hanging out with the adults.

I still had two tiny one's zooming about in the fry tank's small compartment last night. They are white so I suspect panda's again. Yesterday I found one lone egg on a plant in my main tank. It was almost black so about ready to hatch. I pinched it off and popped it in the small compartment of the fry tank - what will be will be.

It looks like I'm going to have a constant supply now. I'm not gonna get rich on it though!!

you guys are not going to believe this but I've just spotted another tiny baby panda in my main tank. It's smaller than the one I caught this morning but bigger than my new one's in the fry tank. 

I actually dread to think how many more there are hiding in this big tank!!

Akasha72 said:
you guys are not going to believe this but I've just spotted another tiny baby panda in my main tank. It's smaller than the one I caught this morning but bigger than my new one's in the fry tank. 

I actually dread to think how many more there are hiding in this big tank!!

I believe it.  Did I ever tell the story of the panda cory egg that hitched a ride on a plant from my home tank to my school tank (without water) and hatched and grew in a barren tank that was being cycled?  

no you didn't!! wow that's pretty amazing!

eaglesaquarium said:
I believe it.  Did I ever tell the story of the panda cory egg that hitched a ride on a plant from my home tank to my school tank (without water) and hatched and grew in a barren tank that was being cycled?  

Wow! That's something else.

Shows they can be pretty resilient :)

Is that cory still in that tank and doing well?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back