Place Your Bets

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I gave them some cyclops tonight. The only problem with it is it tends to scatter all over the place and a lot gets sucked in to the filter but I guess it helps with their scavenging instinct

The adults have been quite frisky tonight after my 'mishap' this morning and the subsequent emergency water change. Maybe it'll give them idea's of spawning :D

You're right it does fly about. I turn to my trusty turkey baster to squirt it on the substrate lol.

Maybe you're right! The pandas again?

both my panda's and melini's and the smudges were all playing last night but my tank is crashing again this morning but this time the fish seem to be acting okay - so far anyway. I'm about to change some more water and see if I can get this pH back up

Maybe the others are getting the idea!

Oh no hope you get it sorted, it's such a worry when there's something wrong :( glad the fish are ok though.

the cories were spinning and flicking in the sand - it was that that alerted me that something was wrong. That's when I found my pH had dropped to 4.5. I've hopefully got it sorted though now and the cories appear to have gone back to normal

3 female panda's zooming around persued by a male offering himself to all 3 .... I smell eggs looming 
whistling.gif

Haha I know what you mean! My peppereds are spawning constantly at the moment. The 2 females seem to be taking it in turns. I can tell them apart by their markings. Any eggs laid now will have to take their chances though.

I was really surprised to get up this morning and not find any eggs. The way they were behaving last night I was convinced there would be eggs this morning but nothing :(

Perhaps it was the water change that got them going? Mine always play after a water change even if they don't spawn.

perhaps, mine do tend to be playful after water changes and after been fed bloodworms too. I normally watch for what I call 'the waggle dance' that's when the male is offering himself to the females and it looks like he's waggling in front of her. They were doing this last night and that was why I thought they were going to spawn

about 20 eggs collected this morning! Just a day later than expected :)

more eggs this morning!! There must be somewhere in the region of 40 eggs now in my collection pot. This time I have no idea who's eggs they are as last night I had two smudge spots darting about and showing spawning behaviour and my panda's too so it could be either.

Place your bets lol

Well we know the pandas are prolific. So I would say odds are pandas.

But...if your smudge spots are showing spawning behaviour you never know! Maybe even both seeing as you've had spawns in fairly quick succession. How old are the smudge spots? I'm guessing that the eggs are all the same size too?

the smudges are fully grown now so I'd guess around a year old. All the eggs look the same - there looks to be some that arn't fertile though, time will tell. I've now decided to get my other tank out that's split into two compartments. The larger ones can go into the larger compartment of the two and the eggs/newly hatched can go into the smaller side. Technicly the 7 week old lot could eat any newly hatched so it's best to keep them seperate. I've also set a new culture of microworms 'cooking' this morning

They're certainly keeping me busy!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back