My 24g And It's Evolution

You're obviously dead chuffed - well done. Amazing transformation already :thumbs:

Get dosing those ferts !!

The new fish look great! I like cardinals, they are lovely. :)

er plants are growing.
no EI yet.
glosso is growing upwards so i've trimmed it down and replanted.
tempted to buy a 50usg i've seen and to use that as my planted tank eventually.

making a hood this weekend, although there might not be much point if i'm gunna get a new tank....

wowee things move quite fast.

-i'm moving back to swindon in a few weeks! (two maidenhead aquatics and numerous lfs's!!! woop)
-i've got a 50g waiting to be filled instead of my 24g when i get it back to swindon.

with this new 50g i plan to go down a different route in aquascaping and i believe the 48"x17x14(high) dimensions will complement the nature look greatly.

so effectively i'm going to be restarting in swindon as of about 5/6 weeks!

it's going to be a bugger to get everything back and set up that's for sure. smithrc being the level headed fellow he is has suggested i pester my parents to get half my stuff (including the gear for the 50g) one weekend then the rest of things the next time

my tank has been moved around and is currently looking ok(alot more "nature" than "errr it's a jungle?") , apart from green sand i've not had the time to sort out

my preparations have started for my new tank (which is already back in swindon)

i've invested in-
two more co2 canisters
a new co2 disperal unit
clear tubing to replace the green eheim pipes
and 3x 9l of ADA amazonia*

*i plan to judtify this by the following: i've got relatively awesome co2, and i've added a potentially better co2 dispersal system; i've got all the EI things i will need for a while; the lighting will be a atleast 3.5wpg; so am i gunna let all that investment in time and money go to waste as i can't splurge a bit on substrate? heavens no! i can only reap the rewards instead of wondering what could have been

feel free to copy that if loved ones/parents start to question the amount of money you've spent on anything to do with a planted tank

:D

*i plan to judtify this by the following: i've got relatively awesome co2, and i've added a potentially better co2 dispersal system; i've got all the EI things i will need for a while; the lighting will be a atleast 3.5wpg; so am i gunna let all that investment in time and money go to waste as i can't splurge a bit on substrate? heavens no! i can only reap the rewards instead of wondering what could have been

feel free to copy that if loved ones/parents start to question the amount of money you've spent on anything to do with a planted tank

:D

Excellent rational. You are well-versed in the art of parent manipulation. Can't wait to see the results for your new 50g.

llj :)

ok with my impending moving i've let my tank do it's thang for a while and i'm quite happy with the response

PICT0243.jpg

ahem improvised hood with lighting attachement is clearly visible in this one.
PICT0244.jpg

PICT0245.jpg

i know it's not the tidiest of tanks but the growth is nice to see :)

Lovely lush and green :good: Good luck with the move this weekend and your new tank. Exciting new beginnings :)

Look at all that growth! :good: How's the algae coming along?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back