My 24g And It's Evolution

yes yes bloo you're the best B)

Your bogwood on the right looks like a giant pleco! Just a bit shorter than one, if you look at it carefully you can tell the resemblance!

haha perhaps mate. it's about to be covered in java moss i think, so it'll be a very furry and green pleco from then on

apologies again for awful pics. i'm going to have to borrow a friends camera soon (photography student ;))

tanky1.jpg

tanky2.jpg

tanky3.jpg

wonky.jpg

i rested the camera on a chair arm i thought was level, doh!!!

still missing something at the back though. vallis will probably be bought soon.

the co2 setup looks nice and neat - you can barely see it in the pics ;)

blimey... that red ludwidica has dissapeared in there - looking good...

now hurry up with the lighting :)

smithy-it's not all been planted yet. i needed a rest dammit!

the lighting looks rubbish as the mylar is currently waiting for lots of doulbe sided tape. then it's the addition of the 3 new bulbs muahahahha

Hey m8,
How big is that tank, Your doing well- Saw a C02 system in my lfs 2day for Ā£20 new- Is it worth it?

Hey m8,
How big is that tank, You're doing well- Saw a C02 system in my lfs 2day for Ā£20 new- Is it worth it?

24g(us) little dude, cheers man. just waitin for two new starters to come and the lights themselves and then i'll have 3x18w arcadia 172's and a 20w arcadia that was in there prior to me getting it.

co2...you can get em cheaper off the net, but you may aswell just do the DIY jobber and buy a ladder off ebay for a quid. but as most people say it's pretty useless unless you have proper lighting. if u think about it, plants need light and co2 to photosynthesize...so upping one and not the other will do nothing positive. so both need to be upped to actually get results. (that's just my logic, not based on anything other than my nutrafin and diy mix doing naff all with the 20w light )

i got the pleco off smithrc ;)

Well i just thought that whne i do DIY it's shambles so i'll either buy it or get my dad to make it.
Iv'e got two lights aqua glow & Sun glow both 20W24" (t-8) Whatever that means
:)

the mrs has managed to take a good picture!!

woop.jpg

note the improved lighting. i managed to steal some double sided tape from work so my mylar is attached properly and is doing a grand job

ahem and yeah there's the ludwidica floating waiting to be planted. it seems to be wanting to float ALOT more than staying planted. any home made suggestions to keep the buggers down?

Lol looking good. I saw you reading the topic and i was waiting for you to post..

Lol looking good. I say you reading the topic and i was waiting for you to post..

stalking me eh? :p

thank you evan. i'm not happy with the left side -too sparse, and the back right. vallis is going to fill that bit asap

either that or i leave it for a bit and see what happens when it grows. it'd be weird if i had it as i wanted it already when it's barely started to grow, that'd be too simple

Lol looking good. I say you reading the topic and i was waiting for you to post..

stalking me eh? :p

thank you evan. i'm not happy with the left side -too sparse, and the back right. vallis is going to fill that bit asap

either that or i leave it for a bit and see what happens when it grows. it'd be weird if i had it as i wanted it already when it's barely started to grow, that'd be too simple

I agree. Also a nice ricca carpet would top it all off. Trumps my tank any day.

gar it's been a taxing week. i've spent alot of money on co2 and i'm not able to use it properly yet! i have had to order in a phosphate and kH kit, which will arrive tomorrow. also my lighting hasn't arrived a week after ordering it. i think two more days and then i'll start to panic, although i'm mildly miffed now.

as a result of the poo lighting and lack of co2 some of the plants have not taken as well as i would have hoped. the sagittaria is looking very see through. i am having different thoughts on some of the plants aswell. i would like some "bushy" type plants so i will be scouring greenline for a few plants that would suit that

all in all a bit miffed :(

Sounds like you need to chase up your lighting ! gosh, you've not had an easy time getting the stuff you ordered quickly.

I'll pop some hornwort in the post for you tomorrow - that should take off fairly quickly - and will grow at the speed of lightning with your improved lights (if and when they come!).

Last pic is looks like you've come along in leaps and bounds :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back