Llj's Ada Tank "refugees From Endor"

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I went straight to a new system with the RO this time, but i did use it in the Trigon and it took about a month to get my GH down to 13. It was then i sold up, someone told me it could take 3 months to get the system full RO.

What about Licorice gouramis?

I went straight to a new system with the RO this time, but i did use it in the Trigon and it took about a month to get my GH down to 13. It was then i sold up, someone told me it could take 3 months to get the system full RO.

What about Licorice gouramis?

I had thought about Licorice gouramis too. They are very pretty. But right now the focus will be on bringing down the GH so it doesn't harm the current inhabitants by gradually introducing RO. That means I gotta do some tests to see how hard the water is. Bleh, from the tank, from the tap, and what would be the result of a mix.

L

Ok, did my first water change with an RO/tap mix. To get to 50/50 will probably take a month. :)

Looking forward to see what happens.

Ok, did my first water change with an RO/tap mix. To get to 50/50 will probably take a month. :)

Looking forward to see what happens.

Since removing the salvinia, the cats have taken care of a few more fish... Crap. :grr:

I'm down to

2 R. gracilis
1 harlequin
1 lampeye
1 betta
1 oto maybe, I can't find it.

I think because the tank's open top. I'm gonna go with just corydoras in this tank. Maybe a mix of two different schools? I don't have sand substrate, but the last time I had corys breed was with just regular gravel, so I'm not really concerned. I'll wait until I get the RO/Tap ratio I want though.

L

Sounds good, love Cory's esp pygmy's, any way you can put a Perspex lid on it? I have to cover the top of my open topped With a bag at night as the shrimp and lampeyes are jumpers.

I agree, a shrimp/Cory tank sounds great!

still looking nice llj, i use rematerialised RO with some TPN+ chucked in for good measure and haven't lost any shrimp yet.

when using RO for freshwater, i wanted to take full advantage of the RO so try something that need softwater. I was thinking GBR, but they will pic your shrimp off.

Hmmm, wonder if I can use 50/50 RO/Tap. How long did it take you to gradually get a ratio? I wouldn't think you'd add it at once. I still like my harder water, but to take the edge off would be great.

While I love GBR, not sure if I want them. I may go back to the micro rasboras and then do inverts. I'm not entirely sure.

I know for sure that most of the pelia has to go. What do all of you think?

Hi LLJ I might have missed the bit about the Pellia, but why does it have to go ? I really like the stuff :)

Sounds good, love Cory's esp pygmy's, any way you can put a Perspex lid on it? I have to cover the top of my open topped With a bag at night as the shrimp and lampeyes are jumpers.

It'd effect the way the light fixture attaches. Mine is attached with legs.

I agree, a shrimp/Cory tank sounds great!

I'm kind of liking the idea of it as well. As well as some micro crabs. Wish I could get orange lasers, that would be ace. With bamboo shrimp and micro crabs. Ian, how big is your tank? Do you still have the twig catfish? I won't be adding anything though until after the RO conversion.

Hi LLJ I might have missed the bit about the Pellia, but why does it have to go ? I really like the stuff :)

It's just really overgrown and it's covering several anubias. I also don't think its presence shows off my bolbitis to its full advantage. I'll see. It may just need a thinning, not a removal.

Ian, how big is your tank? Do you still have the twig catfish?

The tank is 126ltrs (33g) and yes i still have the twigs, or at least i think i do. They are nocturnal things, and i see them once in a blue moon now they have settled in. I wouldn't buy them again.

Ian, how big is your tank? Do you still have the twig catfish?

The tank is 126ltrs (33g) and yes i still have the twigs, or at least i think i do. They are nocturnal things, and i see them once in a blue moon now they have settled in. I wouldn't buy them again.

Your tank's about 2x the size of mine then, so no twigs for me. I think a similar look can be accomplished with bamboo shrimp.

I was pricing corydoras though. I like the idea of the lasers more and more.

L

Did my 2nd water change with the 50/50 RO/Tap mix.

I like these a lot

http://www.freshwatertropicalfishonline.com/images/corydoras/Orange%20laser%20cory.jpg

L

they look ace don't they...i have never seen them in the flesh. You can get the green variety as well can't you?

they look ace don't they...i have never seen them in the flesh. You can get the green variety as well can't you?

Yep, I can get them, but the tank has too much green in it already. The orange will look more spicy... :D There's a red and and gold variety as well.

I'm also now obsessed with getting ma bamboo shrimps!

L

Ok, I got shrimp, not bamboo shrimp, but some crystal red shrimpcs. I think... Darned if I know.

Peechurs... They'll get more on Tuesday. I like them, they are colorful. They are being drip-acclimated now. Hopefully they won't be eaten, I don't thinks so. One female has eggs. :D

18fc8e13.jpg

b69f422c.jpg

Let me know what these shrimpies are. :D

L

some kind of crystal shrimp for sure id say. love them but they are really expensive (this side of the pond anyway :))

cant wait to see some tank shots

Most reactions

trending

Back