Fluval Roma 200, Jungle Scape

My experience of longi is that it grows very slow or not at all (in my tank anyway) although that bulb looks like it's had some big leaves trimmed before sending it to you, I get the impression it likes a rich substrate as I don't get much root growth from it. Haven't kept bolivianus but it can grow big so it might be a fast grower, like most aponogetons are. probably wont take long to get some decent leaves in that corner.

Update; Picture of tank as it stands, not much change from last time but just want to keep a log of the growth.

P1010104.jpg

Need to find a decent place for the Atomizer so it is not on view so much, will be trying various places around the tank to try and get the best distribution of CO2, may purchase some black CO2 tubing also so its not so obvious.

Growing well, that moss is immense!

It has come on well mind, for comparison here is a photo of it taken around the 24th Oct and a photo of it now!!

P1000565-1.jpg

P1010104-1.jpg

Will be trimming this stone and the smaller stone shortly because I dont want the moss at the bottom dieing off, There are 8 different types of moss in the tank at the moment :hey:

Just had a very pleasent surprise, the 2 bulbs have been in the tank for just over a week now so I thought I would try and see if they were showing any growth, both bulbs are quite hard to see mainly due to the bloody breeding net blocking the line of sight.

I can see that the Aponogeton Longiplumulosus bulb is just showing signs of sprouting some shoots which is nice, I was trying to catch a glimps of the Aponogeton Boivinianus bulb and having a mare to see it as it is planted between my vallis, took a step back and looked again and realised what I was looking at right in front of my face!! approximately a 10 inch leaf that has sprouted between the vallis!! how the hell did that grow from the bulb in 7 days :blink:

P1010106.jpg

P1010105.jpg

So now I am looking forward to some more nice leaves coming through, also on a side note I have had to lower the BPS on the CO2 as my fish were all gasping a little, so I have moved the spray bars above the water for a few hours to get some well needed Oxigen in the water.

ps; sorry for getting so excited over a dam leaf!! :lol:

Happy days I have now removed the breeding net :cool: it was starting to annoy me!!

Also have changed my stocking a little, gone are the Keyhole Cichlids and also 3 of the Black Widow Tetras, still have to catch the other 5 which has turned out to be a nightmare. Purchased 10 more Cardinals which are in the tank, once I get the other Black Widows out more Cardinals will be going in :)

Some updated photos of the tank taken today;

P1010110.jpg

P1010114.jpg

P1010113.jpg

P1010112.jpg

Brilliant mate. Still can't believe you have rehomed the Keyholes!!!!! :grr: What are you replacing them? Anything?

Also... If it was my tank i would be tempted to remove the background and replace it with a plain black one. Worth a go mate, i think.

Brilliant mate. Still can't believe you have rehomed the Keyholes!!!!! :grr: What are you replacing them? Anything?

Also... If it was my tank i would be tempted to remove the background and replace it with a plain black one. Worth a go mate, i think.

Had to rehome the Keyholes as they were becoming a bit Aggressive with my shrimps, lol and I prefer little fish.

Once I manage to get the other 5 Black Widow tetras I will be getting some more Cardinals, need to work out what the max amount of Cardinals I can keep in my tank taking into account the present stocking?? any idears?

With the backing I do like the picture background but wouldnt mind trying a black background, just gaining access to the back of the tank is impossible without emptying it.

Yeah i know what you mean mate, but imo a plain background would enhance the tank and show off YOUR plants much more.

Shame about the keyholes, but the Shrimp would probably be part of their natural food range, so can't really blame them. :lol:

I think 35 would be easily doable if not 40!

As soon as the BW tetras are out I will get 10 more Cardinals and see how it goes.

The carpet is being changed in the front room soon so I am going to have to move the tank anyway so may give the black background a go whilst the back is easily accessible. Not looking forward to having to move the tank mind :crazy:

Plastic 100 litre storage box setup somewhere like the kitchen for the duration which will give you chance to empty the tank enough to be able to move it. :good:

Really enjoyed this thread. Great looking tank.

No sign of any algae at all. Is it just the bristle nosed plecs on algae eating duty at the moment?

Really enjoyed this thread. Great looking tank.

No sign of any algae at all. Is it just the bristle nosed plecs on algae eating duty at the moment?

Hi, thanks for the kind comments :good:

As well as the BN Plec there are around 30-40 shrimp all of who spend the day cleaning the moss and any bits of algae that do appear. To tell the truth hardly any algae grows in the tank at all, and I have only ever used the algae magnet 2 times!

I think all the plants use up any nutrients before any Algae can so it does not get the chance to grow, along with the Pressurized C02 I also dose Excel daily and TPN+ which keeps everything nicely balanced. :D

Couple of updated pics, Purigen has been running in the EX700 for a week now. Water change done 5 days ago and due again on Sunday.

Xmas moss on the right has recently been trimmed quite a bit so looking a bit flat.

P1010176.jpg

P1010180.jpg

P1010182.jpg

P1010181.jpg

Everything is growing at a good rate for a low lighting set up :D

looking very healthy!

I would love to see this tank with a black back ground.

ps i also see an anubias flower coming.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back