Fluval Roma 200, Jungle Scape

Looking good mate. Becareful the new shrimp don't hammer your Cherries though.

The plants have really come to life, everything looks very healthy indeed!

They look like bamboo shrimp to me....? They're filter feeders (filter stuff out of the water with the 4 'hands') so unlikely to affect the cherries (that's an assumption though not an expert opinion!) but they do get quite big. I was put off them by that.

yep, i agree, thats a Bamboo/Rock shrimp. They are nice shrimp, they normally hang out in places of high flow.

looking good mate!

Your filter should do the job of cleaning and if you get corys they will turn your sand over.

The only bad thing about mixing is if you do get corys the stones will get buried bit by bit... But should look alright.

Depends what plants you have but you should buy some fert to feed your plants and if you have spare cash you can build your own CO2 set up for £75

Hi can you detail how this ¢75 adds up , that would be really useful :) cheers.

Update,

A few photos of how the tank is at the moment, constantly changing due to growth and me trimming plants. The tank backing has started to peel off (nasty air bubbles) so that is next on the list to be put right. And the Helferi is growing quite well, I was going to cut it down low but I like the look of it standing taller.

As per my other thread I have a Pressurised Co2 Set up on its way to me, as the light in this tank is quite low and plant growth is good I dont want to mess the balance up so I have decided to use the Pressurised Co2 on my smaller tank. In the future I would like to upgrade the lighting on this tank to T5's and also run the Pressurised Co2.

One of the cherry shrimps in the breeding net/tank is full of eggs, so I will leave it in for a bit longer so the babies have a change to grow to a decent size and not get eaten by the fish.

The only problem I have had is with my Amazon Frogbit, all the leaves ended up with holes on the middle of the leaves (god knows why) so I have removed it all, the Frogbit in the breeder net/tank is all still fine which has confused me somewhat.

P1000772.jpg

P1000773.jpg

P1000779.jpg

P1000777.jpg

P1000774.jpg

P1000776.jpg

That shrimp in the net is huge!!!!!! :drool:

I had great plant growth from the T8's in my Roma. Very under rated tanks imo. :good:

That shrimp in the net is huge!!!!!! :drool:

I had great plant growth from the T8's in my Roma. Very under rated tanks imo. :good:

The Bamboo shrimp like hanging on the outside of the net so they are in the water flow with their hands wide open catching any little bits of food, they are like little internal filters but quite ugly looking close up. I found a huge exoskeleton from one of them the other day :blink:

Lol... did it frighten you to death? :lol:

It sure did, I remember the fist time I found an exoskeleton from a ghost shrimp, I thought it was a dead shrimp and then counting the same amount of shrimps I had the day before. That had me scratching my head for good while before I found out shrimp shed their skins lol.

Lol I done that with my Armoured Shrimp they were like 4 inches long and one day I found the shedding in front of my catfish den and thought he'd shelled it, only when I took out all the rocks I found them under one sifting through the debris. Lol quite a shock.

Updated photo, Presurised CO2 has been running for 4 days and the plants seem to like it!! took me a couple of days to get it right and the drop checker is showing a nice lime green throughout the day, The backing picture on the tank is comming off and I am waiting to get a syringe with a needle so that I can put some fluid in there to sort the issue out. (looks horrible with the bubbles :crazy: ) but this will be sorted soon.

P1000818.jpg

P1000799-1.jpg

I will be removing the twisted Vallis at the back in the right hand corner as it does not seem to be growing, I will be filling the gap with some Aponogeton Longiplumulosus & Aponogeton Boivinianus. And fingers crossed I will be able to remove the breeding net soon as the shrimp in there are almost big enough to let loose :D

Fish wise everything is fine, The keyhole cichlids can be bullys sometimes but if this gets to bad they will be "donated" to my LFS.

Might want to leave the vallis for a while with the new compressed Co2 going in it could start to go bananas like mine did. without the CO2 it just melted. :)

Coming on a treat.What were you standing on to take the 2nd pic? i feel dizzy
biggrin.gif

Got up on my tiptoes for that one, trying to be artistic lol

Might want to leave the vallis for a while with the new compressed Co2 going in it could start to go bananas like mine did. without the CO2 it just melted. :)

I would love to leave it in there but have allready received the plants to replace it, dont think they will be filling that corner of the tank very soon mind :shout:

P1000825.jpg

I might give the Vallis a week or so to pick up, in the mean time I can plant these bulbs between the Vallis.

Co2 is great, but you dont see much with a weeks worth of growth :)

I used to think getting CO2 was going to be an epic event and my plants would go crazy mad...they didnt :D I can see a difference, but it measured in months not weeks really. :D

What bulbs are they? Spotted some very similar at lunch in my local MA.

Edit: doh, scrolled up to find out. Be nice to see how they grow! :D

Most reactions

Back