Fluval Roma 200, Jungle Scape

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Is the large green plant at the back behind the bogwood a crypt? I'm looking for something like this but never know what to ask for in my LFS! Is it a specific type and did you get it from a shop? Lovely tank by the way. I wish my plants would bush out like yours! They just grow upward and get straggley =\

Updated picture just to keep the journal ticking along, Upgraded the lighting from T8's to T5's and the plants now pearl heavily every day. Still a Jungle with no real organisation which the missus says reminds her of me, lol

The extra light is making the moss grow outwards rather than the upwards I am used to. I got a couple of bags of Colombo Flora Base in the garage and I might pluck up the courage to try something new in the new year with this tank.

IMG-20121217-WA0004.jpg

Tank looks great! Read that you have upgraded the light, can you just buy t5 bulbs or have you got to change the light fitting in the hood?

Tank looks great! Read that you have upgraded the light, can you just buy t5 bulbs or have you got to change the light fitting in the hood?

Hello,

The Roma hood has T8 fixtures as standard, what I have done is remove the T8 tubes, and routed the cables from a T5 ballest to where the T8 fixtures are. Then I have secured some Arcadia metal reflectors to the hood using stainless steel bolts and the reflectors hold the T5 tubes in place.

I have sealed water tight the T8 fixtures that arnt being used so if need be I could revert back to T8 tubes.

Not all that hard to do and very much worth it if you have a planted tank that is running Co2, all the plants I have grew fine under the T8's but I just wanted stronger lighting.

what a great thread, reading each page up to now I kept thinking black background black background and hey it has honestly made a HUGE difference LOVE this tank!

Skimmed through all the photos and wow thats grown in really nicely. I love the lush jungle look

Small update,

Tank is now set up and filled with water and gravel, the piece of bogwood I had was a bit to large for my liking so I have exchanged it for a smaller piece wich is now soaking in the bath.

I have to wait till Monday till I can go and collect a bottle of ammonia from my local Boots store (had to order it in), so I cant start the my fishless cycle till then :crazy:

Hydor inline Heater is doing it's stuff and I am happy I dont have to have an internal heater on show, also the airstone is only temporary and will be removed once the tank is cycled, (just in to help with the aireation) and the water temp is set at 30 oC to help the bacteria thrive.

P1000398.jpg

P1000399.jpg

P1000401.jpg

Comments or advice welcome :good:
I love your black gravel, it looks variegated and not flat one tone black. Do you recall what brand it is? I would love to change my sand to it. Cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back