Fluval Roma 200, Jungle Scape

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
any update on the tank? love to see some pics :D

Hey, here are some updated pics. I have not been doing anything in this tank bar the normal maintenence so nothing much has changed, (to busy with my other tanks) just plenty more growth in this tank, and my moss needs a good trim!! 1 issue I had was my Co2 bubble counter exploding so the tank was without Co2 for a day and some of the leaves have holes in but hopefully they will pick up again.

P1010331.jpg

P1010333.jpg

P1010334.jpg

Thinking of moving some of the moss into my Apisto tank shortly.

How do you get the moss to look so nice :unsure: Mine just goes straggly have given it a trim to encourage bushy growth :/

How do you get the moss to look so nice :unsure: Mine just goes straggly have given it a trim to encourage bushy growth :/

To tell the truth I dont know, but since the Co2 has been running it has gone nuts. also it needs a trim but I cant be assed :lol:

I am about to purchase this tank as my first ever fish tank :S I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a silly question about filters :p

When the tank is sold it almost always comes with an internal filer. Why have you opted to buy an external filter, is the filter that comes with the tank really quite bad, or loud, ineffective?
I'm just wondering what I'm missing, if I really need to make sure I get an external filter....

Thanks a lot, your tank look great! :D

I am about to purchase this tank as my first ever fish tank :S I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering a silly question about filters :p

When the tank is sold it almost always comes with an internal filer. Why have you opted to buy an external filter, is the filter that comes with the tank really quite bad, or loud, ineffective?
I'm just wondering what I'm missing, if I really need to make sure I get an external filter....

Thanks a lot, your tank look great! :D

Hello, the reason I opted for for external filters is because I didnt want to "clutter" up the tank with equipment. Also I wanted a stronger filter as I was going for a planted tank.

I also use an inline heater so again less clutter in the tank. I have broken this rule tho with my Co2 atomizer but in the near future I will look to purchase either a inline Co2 diffuser or reactor so the tank will again be free of equipment.

Internal filters still do the job but if you want to go that bit further go for an external, you can sell the internal filter that comes with the tank to go towards paying for an external.

Long overdue update!! not that much has happened just more growth. I am thinking about maybe overhauling the tank in the near future but I am scared.. Just to add that I have not cleaned the glass in this tank in over 3 months :blink:

I have had to up the Co2 to 1.5bps now because the drop checker was not turning green when running 1bps, I guess the extra plant mass means more Co2 is required.

P1010623.jpg

P1010620.jpg

P1010621.jpg

P1010622.jpg

A Betta was added to the tank a few weeks ago, he is doing fine and when he is tired he just picks a spot on the closest plant, then off he goes in to surf the current.

P1010632.jpg

P1010651.jpg

Wow mate, that is an amazing tank full of plants! :hyper:

Next you need to move towards a more defined tank as I think it has reached its full potential.

You should be really proud of what you have created! :good:

Wow mate, that is an amazing tank full of plants! :hyper:

Next you need to move towards a more defined tank as I think it has reached its full potential.

You should be really proud of what you have created! :good:

Thanks Minnnt, I wish I could pull off a proper scaped tank but I wouldn't know where to begin :crazy:

Cant go wrong with a Jungle Scape, just chuck loads of plants in and job done :lol:

have you thought of changing the background to a plain black one?? i feel like my eyes get drawn to ur background to much.

tank looks great thought what kinda sword do u have at the back the large one. you should be very proud of this tank its beautiful.

well done on this one mate...you certainly can grow plants well. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back