Fluval Roma 200, Jungle Scape

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Congrats on the tank - it's looking absolutely amazing. I agree about the background. With all the beautiful tanks there really is no need for a picture background.

have you thought of changing the background to a plain black one?? i feel like my eyes get drawn to ur background to much.

tank looks great thought what kinda sword do u have at the back the large one. you should be very proud of this tank its beautiful.

Thanks, The plan is to remove the background and paint it black, I wish I could do it now but the only thing is I cant get round the back of the tank without moving it! we are having a new carpet fitted in the next 6 months and the tank will have to be moved then so I will be painting the back black :)

It is an Amazon Sword in the middle at the back :good: The Co2 made it go crazy.

well done on this one mate...you certainly can grow plants well. :good:

Thanks Ian, next step is to learn how to put a scape together :unsure:

Congrats on the tank - it's looking absolutely amazing. I agree about the background. With all the beautiful tanks there really is no need for a picture background.

Thanks, I honestly cant wait to paint the back black :sad:

Was just looking at some of the early pictures, look at the crypts at the front left and look at them now, they just pop up everywhere lol (moss went wild too)

P1000565.jpg

P1010620.jpg

The moss in the middle of the tank is "Round Pellia" and the huge bit on the left is plain "Java Moss"

Also have some Fissidens Fontanus, three other types that I forgot the names of and some "Xmas Moss over to the right" I removed a load of "Willow Moss" the other week and have it sat in a bucket, I noticed that it was plant of the month in PFK mag lol

lovely looking tank tbh. very nicely planted. are they just bunches planted? or did you individually plant the stems with tweezers?

bit of a weird question but im just starting my scape. every little helps!

have you thought of changing the background to a plain black one?? i feel like my eyes get drawn to ur background to much.

tank looks great thought what kinda sword do u have at the back the large one. you should be very proud of this tank its beautiful.

Thanks, The plan is to remove the background and paint it black, I wish I could do it now but the only thing is I cant get round the back of the tank without moving it! we are having a new carpet fitted in the next 6 months and the tank will have to be moved then so I will be painting the back black :)

It is an Amazon Sword in the middle at the back :good: The Co2 made it go crazy.

well done on this one mate...you certainly can grow plants well. :good:

Thanks Ian, next step is to learn how to put a scape together :unsure:

Thanks, I honestly cant wait to paint the back black :sad:

thanks for getting back to me. yh it is always a problem changing the background once its setup. why dont you just get a plain black ground if u cant get round to paint it. i have a painted bkground and a black finish high gloss paper bkground u cant relli tell the difference

The tetras are looking gorgeous too - the colour is phenomenal.

lovely looking tank tbh. very nicely planted. are they just bunches planted? or did you individually plant the stems with tweezers?

bit of a weird question but im just starting my scape. every little helps!

No problem, The stems at the front right were plants in a bunch, and all the other stems were individually.

thanks for getting back to me. yh it is always a problem changing the background once its setup. why dont you just get a plain black ground if u cant get round to paint it. i have a painted bkground and a black finish high gloss paper bkground u cant relli tell the difference

Thanks for the tip, I may give it a go in the next few weeks :)

The tetras are looking gorgeous too - the colour is phenomenal.

If only they would behave and stay still when I take pictures, they are always just a blur :sad:

Holly sugar!! I just spotted my Betta with a Celestial Pearl Danio hanging out of his mouth!!

I have or "had" a very small skinny CPD in the group and the Betta has caught him, I managed to net the betta and give him a good shake so he let go of the poor CPD but it was to late to save the little #28### :sad:

O well, at least my small shrimp have half a brain to get out of the way of the Betta when ever he gives them a stare :lol:

omg. I just read this. What kinda betta do you have, a T-rex hybrid. lol I want a Betta community, but everytime I put anything with mine they eat it.

Update time, trimmed the tank back big time two weeks ago!! here is the result after the moss has had a bit of time to recover. And as usual the backing is coming off but and I will soon be painting the back of the tank black.

P1010883.jpg

And this is what my Purigen looks like after doing its stuff for around 6 months!! :crazy: this lot is soaking in bleach and a fresh lot of Purigen has been added to the filter.

P1010875.jpg

Yeah I need more purigen mate, mine looked black lol, looking clean and healthy in the tank tho dude. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back