Zola's Fish In Cycle Log

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Still up with water changes, all doing well...

New pics:

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Fatalities!

The smallest platy I found almost fully eaten at the bottom of the tank last night!

The other new small platy was very still at the bottom and looking very Ill. I let him be for an hour or so and he had seemed to all bu give up on life lying almost sideways in the plant. I tried to encourage him but he looked very sick. I removed him from the tank.

A other fish seem to be well.

Is it possible they were attacked by the danios etc?

I hear strange splashes occasionally in the night, do they enter hunt mode / get nasty at night??

All other fish seem happy and swimming about.

Water changes are pretty religious, never gets past 0.35 or so

Tank fully cycled at long last!

I haven't changed water in 4 days now and the reading of ammonia is 0. :)

Took some time but hopefully its a nice safe environment now. :)

Tank fully cycled at long last!

I haven't changed water in 4 days now and the reading of ammonia is 0. :)

Took some time but hopefully its a nice safe environment now. :)

How is the Nitrite readings ?

I'm surprised it took so long, especially with the mature media. Well done on getting it done.

Congrats on your Fish-In cycle drawing to a close zola. Good work! Tank looks nice and well cared for!

Try to keep a rock-solid habit of doing regular gravel-clean-water-changes and that will be perhaps the most important aspect of long-term maintenance (of course, regular filter maintenance is important too!)

~~waterdrop~~

Micko - can you message me your address please so I can replace the filter media you gave ?

Nitrite readings are 0 also.

Waterdrop, thanks! I will do weekly water changes of 1 bucket and work on portions of the gravel every week, left to right.

I had 2 fatalities over this process (the very latest fish I added) but I am not sure if they were sick before coming to the tank or if they just weren't strong.

The rest seem happy.

When should my first rinse of the filter media be?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back