Yoyo Loaches

amy1994

Fishaholic
Reaction score
This was a while back now...
But i went to get some loaches as unfortunately i had tried everything to get rid of my snails, i don't like this idea but their numbers just kept growing.
There was some zebra loach in this 1 tank, with 1 other loach that looked completely different, the women told me it was the same type of loach just as it was older its pattern had changed. I didn't believe her though. She then told me that i should only have 1 loach as they shouldn't be kept together, i got that loach as i don't like zebra loaches very much. I then went to another fish shop to get another loach, where i found out that it was a yoyo loach and i got another 1, so that the other would have some company. He told me that the 2 should be fine and i shouldn't get any more. But now that they are a little older i have been reading more and seeing that they are better in groups, and wondering if i should get any more, of if i should keep them as they are. I have a 360l tank.

They don't always seem to get on though, also i heard they can get quite big... :/

Hi OP. I have 5 Yo Yo's in my tank, all about 4" long now and they really do better in a group and you'll see them most active and playful!! They do chase each other about a bit but that's how they are. I had one to start with and he's now the biggest and dominant one. They all sleep huddled together squeezed in an ornament!

If I were you I'd get two more, same size as yours if possible. The woman saying you should just have one is talking crap as loaches should be in groups!

They don't always seem to get on though, also i heard they can get quite big... :/

You usually find a dominant one that chases the others around a bit but no harm's done usually.

Hi OP. I have 5 Yo Yo's in my tank, all about 4" long now and they really do better in a group. Also you'll see them most active and playful!! They do chase each other about a bit but that's how they are. I had one to start with and he's now the biggest and dominant one. They all sleep huddled together squeezed in an ornament!

If I were you I'd get two more, same size as yours if possible. The woman saying you should just have one is talking crap as loaches should be in groups!

To be honest i never buy 1 fish to be on its own i always buy 2, but i don't know how i am going to find some of the same size as they're 3-4 inch :(
At least that is their normal behavior, as i do keep seeing them chasing eachother sometimes.

Your two will be okay as a duo but I find loaches always better if you have 4 or 5.

You could add 2 or 3 smaller ones I suppose but your bigger two may harrass them a lot then.

Your two will be okay as a duo but I find loaches always better if you have 4 or 5.

If i see some that aren't really small i think i will get a couple, as when i first got them the 1 was probably half its size.

Hi
Aquatic Habitat on the Shurdington road took in my 4" yoyo 2 weeks ago.I haven't been in recently.Don't know if it's still there.
Aquajardin did have some larger ones about a month ago £10 each.

I will try and go there this weekend see if he's still there,
i went in aqua jardin the other week :( they're all tiny, but cute though :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Back