Your Biorb Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigpig, I'd recommend a 30L biorb. I've had bettas in a baby biorb and they've not thrived as well as my ones in larger tanks.

Poconoboss, I got that bonsai ornament on ebay :D You can get lots of different ones. I cut the plastic leaves off mine in the end as they tore my first betta's fins to shreds :blink:

nice look tanks! ive never been a fan of biorbs really but the picture quoted above of jennybugs has swayed me a little!

and i do agree with the no clownfish in biorbs only because i had a pain of the ass percula clowns in a 61/2 foot 1000litre tank who still didnt seem to have enough room to keep themshelves to themshelves, they get big as well 4-5"! but this isnt the section so il get back to admiring the nice trop set ups :) seem perfect for bettas!

Although the posts here have 'mellowed' a bit, I think we have a good idea of the pros and cons of owning a Biorb aquarium. I do have one last comment:

Honestly, if the water quality is good, the fish is healthy and thriving, what is so wrong about keeping a clownfish in the small tank?

The answer to this is very simple: conscientious aquarism. You can buy an iridescent shark as a baby and put it in a 10G. You can house an Arowana in a 30G. You can cram a clownfish into 14G's of water in a Biorb.

It doesn't make it a good choice. It doens't mean it's 'right'. Doing something because everyone else does, well....what's that called?

SH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back