You Decide My Stocking..

Pick:

  • 2-3 Dwarf Puffers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Galaxy Rasboras + Cherry Shrimp

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somthing Else (Please State Below)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Thats a really tough call, cause they will both look lovely in there & give you lots of entertainment.

It depends what you want from the tank really, I think in your position I might be tempted by the Galaxy Rasbora, you know how much I love my puffers, but the Rasbora would look gorgeous in there & if you did a little research & managed to breed them, you could earn yourself a few pounds, as they seem to still be pretty rare they should sell well. Then you could buy the puffer tank too :)

Although you would probably need a little grow out tank for the fry, so another tank would be needed with that plan as well.

Good luck with your decision.
 
Do you think there is money in the Galaxy Rasbora breeding then? i thought they where fairly common.
 
i voted dps as i think they look cool and i was thinking about getting some for my 60L. i was going to have 4-5 in it if i heavily planted but as you said, they make the tank look empty so i decided to go with something else.
 
Cheapest I found galaxy rasboras online was £6.95 each, no dicount for group buys and they're currently out of stock. Not to mention the delivery charges...just something to think about. But as Kari said, if you wanted to breed you would then need a grow out tank.
 
Wow. I only pay like £2.25 for my galaxys. I have a grow out tank, I could use that hexagon tank for a fry tank.

Are these livebearers or eggs?
 
I know I'm in the process of swapping my DPs for community fish, but I still think they'd be great in a 35L tank... they are very active and will occupy all areas of the tank. The main reason I'm getting rid of mine is so I can have 4 or 5 different fish species, not something that's really possible in a 35L. I think they'd really suite that size tank.
 
I have decided I am going to stick with my first decision (the DP's) :good:

The only reason I would get Galaxys is for the money from breeding. But I think I would get a lot more enjoyment from the Dps.

Maybe in a few months I will get another tank and try breeding galaxys. :good:

It wont be till after july because im going on holiday in july for a week, so im guessing if I leave it for a week the plants would die, and cause an algea spike etc. would this happen?
 
I vote something else, kinda, because I would go with ADF's x 5 and then the galaxy rasboras, plus some shrimp. I have the arc 35L with frogs, shrimp and if I could find some rasboras, I would add them :D
 
Minx, In a couple of weeks if you covered p&p I would get you a few from the fish shop?
 
Are you sure you have Galaxy Rasbora, or are they Harlequin? The harlequin are fairly common, although the wild are a little rarer, & are normally between £2 & £3, the Galaxy are pretty hard to find, here is a link to some info :http://www.thinkfish.co.uk/fish/Galaxy_Rasbora/ they had them in at Maidenheads, I think they were £6.95 each?
 
Thanks for the offer hon, but I know I can source some from my LFS, just havent got around to a visit and asking for them :)
 
Kari - im 100% they are galaxys. I had wanted them for a while and finally got 2 smallish ones. Then gave them to my girlfriend as I was getting cichlid tank. and her LOVELY :( angel ate them!

Kari - same with you, if you wanted me to get you some im sure they were £2.25 each I would get them and post them to you if you covered price :good:
Or you could go for a drive to Nuneaton to A5 Aquatics (not sure how far it is from you) As thats where they are.
 
you cant have that many dp's in a 35litre, its 5 gallons each, the tank is about 7gallons, thats 1, 2 at a push, personally i would go for some ember tetras and shrimp
 
I got told before that 3 would be pushing it. But as its going to be really heavily planted and lots of wood, with only a bit of open at the front so they can come out to food it should be ok. If there are problems I would take one/two straight back.
 
I got told before that 3 would be pushing it. But as its going to be really heavily planted and lots of wood, with only a bit of open at the front so they can come out to food it should be ok. If there are problems I would take one/two straight back.


to me there is no point risking it, your not going to benefit anymore for having 3 than 2 or 1, its not when you have them when will be the problem, its most likely when they mature and they get very agressive

maybe if you still want to look on the puffer side of things you should have 1 red eye red tailed puffer instead, its a little bigger
 

Most reactions

Back
Top