Yet Another Death ...

it wont effect your water readings,but your fish will die,its like constipation?spelings not good sorry.they get bunged up,unable to pass anything leading to a slow death.i like the look of this 3d background stuff but wouldnt use it,it harbours muck,and isnt fish safe.i read about it a couple of years ago,iam on looking for the link.IMO i think its worth pulling the tank to bits to get it out, i would get big bins get water and fish out it would only take a couple of hours,and you wouldnt need to take all the water out,some fish cost a fortune its not worth the loss.BET OVER TIME MORE PEOPLE WILL LOOSE FISH IT CAN TAKE WEEKS,,kenny
 
Just wondering, while you are removing the silicone, could you fence it off. Use a tank divider or similar with a fine mesh on it to catch stray bits and prevent any further accidental ingestion?
 
Hi,

Thanks for the great advice. It's really helpful. I have to get the silicone out somehow. Time is a major issue right now. I'll spend about an hour tonight scraping away, but it's going to take much longer I think.

Also, the silicone will never totally come off the tank, but I can scrape it off so there's such a small amount on the glass that the fish can't bite it.

I've learnt SOOOOOOOO much keeping fish, my latest lesson being: keep the backgrounds on the outside of the tank.

I will try adn just stick my hand in and get it out. I have another issue. I don't want to move the rocks too much because there's an acei fry kicking about and he's survived against all odds. He's now approaching an inch in size, and I hope that he survives!

L
 

Most reactions

Back
Top