yellowish water

haaris

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Help my water is getting very slightly yellow.
I havent tested ph or nitrate but what does yelllow
water indicate.

algae maybe is your tank near natural sunlight like infront window or very near
do you have live plants also
maybe this sounds like it

put some GOOD carbon in your filter, like kent reef carbon, not a carbon sponge. this will remove the yellow colour out of the water.

Older tanks can develop a yellow tinge. As ste2k3 said, carbon takes care of that.

If tank is newer, possibly due to presence of ammonia?

i personaly think you have algae

also by sunlight i mean directly in view of a window so when day time the light can shine on the tank

i have this problem having a 4 foot tank in my bedroom not many places i could put it soi put right infront of a window and i have slight greeny yellow pee looking water

but recently i kept the curtons shut took out a dieing plants and it seems to be going (carbon what kind )

i have a fluval with 3 chamber filter system and bottom has this white hoop stuff like hola hoops ?
middle has a bag with carbon i think (Bio plast carbon)
top some kind of sponge but my carbon doesnt seem to do what it says by cleaning the water and crystaling it ?

p.s if i have them the wrong way round in the filter could this affect it ?
i lost the booklet lol and think i may have the carbon and (white hoop stuff wrong )
i think the carbon bag goes bottom and hoop stuff middle then sponge
but im adding a fluval 2 (20gallon) just to clean the other side i dont need it but man this will be clean water .my external says 50-60 gallon and fluval 2 20 thats 80 .i only got 46

haaris said:
yes my water is near sunlight and i have live plant s in it
That is exactly how you get algea. You need to move your tank or something to get it out od direct sunlight. If you have blinds then close them at that window.

Most reactions

Back