Yellow Watchman In Bad Shape

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Straydum

Marine Fever
Reaction score
i got back home this afternoon to find my yellow watchman with a hole on its side. the hole's more of an oval shape of length around 1cm and somewhat <0.5 deep, like an oval depression. the centre's reddish and surrounding it looks like white dead tissue.

my cleaner shrimp keeps picking on the goby, going to the wound and everytime the goby would try to shake it off and go to another part of the tank. apart from the wound, it looks healthy and is feeding pretty well too.

is this something i should worry about? and try to seperate the two?

thanks in advance

Just something to think about, I found that in extremely cold weather, where you do not have the heater capacity required for the size of the tank, fish tend to accumulate right up against the heater and get burn marks from that.... If this is not likely in your case, eliminate the possibillity.

Secondary infection is what you need to worry about but there's not much you can do. You could try some Melafix to help it heal the wound faster but that's about it...

Might find the cleaner shrimp is actually helping by cleaning away the dead skin :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

haven't got a heater, i'm guessing it to be some hitchhiker, say a crab :unsure: the goby is still unseen this morning, so fingers cross that it comes out soon.

thanks guys

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back