yay new ray!!

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
spotted this 8" "florida" ray on the free ads and couldn't resist.

it's also suggested that it's the smallest ray so that a bonus only growing to 12" :D

16245.jpg

Wow - only 12" ?!

Gorgeous ray ! :wub:

I bet it wasn't free though - even if it was in the free ads ;) :p

Mate, nice find! :eek: Fantastic looking fish!

And looks like you got a good photo! :eek: JK :lol:

Florida rays are not P.scobina, the scientific name for the Florida ray is Dasyatis sabina and apart from a very small group which are landlocked in the St johns river (which are protected so none are collected from here) they are brackish/marine dwelling fish.
Luckily the ray in the picture is Potamotrygon scobina and it is true they are also the smallest of the available rays, nice find :)

can't wait!!

ah do they have a common name then? knock me down with a feather if i have spell/say Potamotrygon scobina every time someone asks me what ray i have!! Maybe there needs to be a common name......like...Scobby.

yeh deffinately aint free :X

I love the name Bob :nod:
it's so cheeky, short and sweet

noooooooooo, dont start giving them names or the next thing you kow you'll start collecting bettas :p

:lol: I think it's totally OK to name one fish if the "personality" calls for it. Just look at Martha. She just "looks" like a Martha :p It would be such a shame for to just be "the puffer".

Personally I don't name any fish ever ....

:rofl:

beautiful find, paul. the shape of it reminds me of a garden shovel; why not call it "Spades", since thats probably also what it's cost you ;) :p

(although if it already has a name, you might have to go with that. otherwise it won't come when you call :rolleyes: :D )

There's nothing wrong with naming fish (though we do have 4 bettas :unsure: )

All of my larger fish have names, mostly silly (Roobarb and Custard) or collective (The Mouths for P. pictus).

And of course I have a fish called Bob (I have almost always had at least one pet called Bob, sometimes many).

I think the biggest problem is if you start giving them serious names. After all, look at the Minions. They name almost all of theirs (and in a hilarious fashion).

CFC said:
noooooooooo, dont start giving them names or the next thing you kow you'll start collecting bettas :p
lol...never!!

I think the shape is a litle deceptive as it's up against the glass a bit, i prefer Bob though!

and soon I'll have Cookie, maybe my arowana deserves a name hmmm how about Fred.

Yep Fred is most definitely another winner ! :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back