Wow Killi Breeding

Rainbow_fish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a 18 litre tank that i was trying to keep tadpolesin a couple of months ago but the all died. I have put java moss in from my killi tank and not there are tiny fish swimming round. I think my killis are breeding!! How long should it be till they get bigger??

John

when i got my 210 in august i set it up and started cycling (fishless) about a week later i got a shipment of plants which i planted to help the cycle along. a few days later there was a tiny little fry swimming around in the the 210. he stayed there till cycled, then i moved him before adding my fish. he is now about 1.5" long, austrailian rainbow. don't know how fast killis grow, but eggs definately travel on plants and hatch elsewhere. hth

Gimme gimme gimme I love Killi's I've been wanting to set up a killi tank but I lack funds lol I had a male and a female but the female died shortly after I got them and the male died a couple of weeks ago of unknown reasons but so did alot of my fish :sad: bout 7 in total and I have no idea why there wernt any symptoms for anything and my water was alright.

Anyway I got it ok again now so can I have some when they are older please... Where do you live again?

The nearest place is miles away and they can't actually get them in as they dont get them off of a normal dealer but off of a Killi keeper who just sells them when they have some.

Thank you anyway.

Umm..correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Killifish egg-buriers? Or are some egg-scatterers?
Sean

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back