wow any one seen these

Am i the only one who prefers the 'normal' bettas? :lol: I honestly think they look quite ugly, i mean, look at that things face :crazy:

I have some killies that look kind of similar to that... Much cheaper!! :D

You should see B. imbellis, B. smaragdina, B. mahachai, B. brownorum, and B. coccina. All very, very lovely wild-types.

But I do think our common B. splendens has a charm all of their own. All that variety, all in one species.

yes, wild betta macrostoma. it is very very pricey... on aquabid. very hard to keep as it likes very acidic water. yeevia you probably could catch them but i think macros are protected.

I had a couple of pairs of imbellis and they were lovely :)

I just prefer the longer finned ones.. If someone gave me a pair of those for free i wouldn't say no though :lol:

Jessica13 said:
Am i the only one who prefers the 'normal' bettas?
One could argue that these, being the natural wild variety, ARE the "normal" bettas. ;) :p I love these guys, but at $400 (being an average price for a pair), I am in no way equipped to take care of a pair. But I'm a wild fan now, that's where I'm focusing. Giving away all my non-wild types for the most part actually. The wild types have a beauty, character, and charm all their own, they're "different" than the splendens of the show ring, and that's what I like so much about them. That and I swear, they have cuter puggier faces.... :wub:

In borneo for wild betta, nobody going to sit there to protect them. Nobody really care if you catch it or not. The native people always go fishing and catch any fish that can eat. eight years ago I saw the native people did caught some and sale it at the road side. They are cheap and who even know they get so pricy now. :lol:

if you actually catch about 5, and breed them, you will be rich :lol: its not about the looks of these betta, they are cool because they are wild and they are mouth brooders B)

DB_Diana_Jack_8 said:
LOL, how odd, i was just looking at that shop like 5 minutes ago. I was trying to find a place where i could buy betta imbellis, but they want like $40 for shipping. and I really like the fish, but i'm not spending that much JUST on shipping. i mean, they could say, "this fish is $40" and i might buy it. lol, But, if anyone knows where i can find any betta imbellis for sale, i'd like to get a couple.
You should keep an eye on Aquabid! I see imbellis pairs on there from time to time, but shipping is probably going to be pretty steep no matter where you get them (like $25+). I've got a pair and 10 fry that are less than a week old... so maybe if you haven't found a pair by the time mine mature I could give you a forum member discount ;)
They're really amazing little fish with a lot of personality!

Personally, I think macrostoma has beautiful colouration but I'm not very fond of that huge mouth. I'd much rather have albimarginata or channoides (pssst, those are from Borneo too Yeevia *hint hint* :hey:)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back