Would you eat lab cultivated chicken?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Would you buy and eat lab grown chicken?

• Yes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • undecided

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loosen up? In what way? 😅 (I just don't want to be looked at as being babyish is all 😅:unsure:)

I will look that one up sometime. (Can I watch the full episodes on YouTube?)
Nobody thinks you’re babyish, besides, who has to know?

The full movie I don’t know if it’s on YouTube or not

Nobody thinks you’re babyish, besides, who has to know?

The full movie I don’t know if it’s on YouTube or not
😂 True... But I rarely have time to myself to watch whatever I want. I guess I could go to my room and watch it when I go up to listen to music lol.

The full MOVIE!? :blink: Hold up... How long are full episodes?? 😂

Loosen up? In what way? 😅 (I just don't want to be looked at as being babyish is all 😅:unsure:)

I will look that one up sometime. (Can I watch the full episodes on YouTube?)
You are not babyish lol, I am just saying you need to do something fun and watch a movie. Not care what audience it is directed at. There are a lot of people out there that aren't the targeted audience age anymore and still watch the movies. It's fun, so why not?

I will say though, sometimes it is too much for some movies. I loved Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go! when I was younger... Good gravy, I found that on YouTube a few years ago and was going to watch an episode just because. I had to shut it off right away. I could believe I watched that. 😂 😂 😂

cultivated chicken
look at how much money you would save on chicken feed and chicken coups

You are not babyish lol, I am just saying you need to do something fun and watch a movie. Not care what audience it is directed at. There are a lot of people out there that aren't the targeted audience age anymore and still watch the movies. It's fun, so why not?

I will say though, sometimes it is too much for some movies. I loved Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go! when I was younger... Good gravy, I found that on YouTube a few years ago and was going to watch an episode just because. I had to shut it off right away. I could believe I watched that. 😂 😂 😂
Yah... I will try it sometime.... Thank you :)

Ok, now Dora... No, she scarred me. I ACTUALLY would get aggravated with her as a young child.
As a 4 year old I knew she wasn't mentally stable to be walking in the middle of a jungle if she couldn't find a dang mountain that was in clear view. Before she even asks the question I answer it cause I remember what she was looking for 3 steps back... PLEASE DORA, TURN AROUND AND LOOOOOK! NOW MOVE ALONG BEFORE SOMETHING IN THAT JUNGLE DECIDES TO EAT YOUR TINY BITE-SIZED BODY!
Or just actually look... That would be great. Maybe she was actually blind this whole time, cause there is no way she can miss that stuff.
Dora The Mind Destroyer.
And Diego was supposed to be Dora's boyfriend I believe, if I remember right. Well they are also cousins soooo... There's that.
Now we know why her brain is a little coocoo... Bloodline stayed a bit too pure.... 😂

Last edited:
Long story short, I hate Dora... Althouuuuugh, the live action movie was fairly good. I did see that.

Yeah the animals we eat are already fairly modified genetically and look at the newer generations: allergy cases have almost trippled. A personal example I can give is my sisters. My family and I never had any allergies (nor relatives / ancestry). My sisters are much younger than me and thry have an age gap of 3 years between one another. Both of them have lactose intolerance, gluten allergy and the youngest one has also egg allergy. Eggs... like...how lol. Our diets of industrialised foods and genetic changed animals are already causing these types of issues. Let alone lab grown meats. I've been doing genetics for a while and I wouldn't trust a man made meat. Just doesn't sound right...
Which amimals.are we.talking about?

I'm going to be controversial here. Sorry.

All those who go on about how horrible and unnecessary it is to kill animals for food and go out and pour milk all over the floor in supermarkets and department stores and who promote GM and lab produced foods etc.....idiots.

If we did not milk our cows or eat beef....there would be herds of dairy cows suffering immense pain from not being milked every day...and where would you keep all those cows destined for the meat market that had been effectively put out of their job? You would end up with mass slaughter of perfectly healthy animals that would be ground down and buried in pits since no-one would be allowed to drink their milk or eat their meat. The humble cow would become extinct since they would have no actual purpose in life and are totally unsuited to being a pet. (Same applies to all hoof stock that are used for human consumption and have been since the Neaderthals wandered the planet)

Not only that, GM and other artificial meat costs way more to research and produce than that 4 legged animal that nature...yes NATURE...designed for the job.

As for the poultry.....many moons ago I worked for a petfood company. I went to poultry factories to collect the bits that were not used which were then used in petfood such as Webbox Chub, pony nuts and other wet or dry feeds.

The amount of waste in animal slaughter for human consumption is extremely high, regardless of species.

You have a variety of rules and regulations regarding the preparation and cut number on every single piece of meat from every single animal slaughtered for human consumption. You have different methods of slaughter too such as Halal.

One of the biggest unknow rules that the general public do not realise is that in poultry (duck, chicken, goose, turkey et al)...you are only allowed one cut of meat from one bird.

So next time you go to your fast food shop or supermarkey and want chicken wings....the rest of the bird who kindly donated those wings went into the petfood trailer. The same goes for the breast meat....the rest of the bird goes into the petfood trailer.

The reasoning is a good one.....its a disease prevention exercise to prevent outbreaks of E-Coli, Salmonella etc

So when I used to go collect my 40 ton capacity trailer I knew without having to ask what had been placed into it over the previous 12 hour shift at the factory. If it was a heavy one, there were more fullish chickens in the trailer (wings order done that shift), if it was lighter, then it was whole chickens that were on the order and just the heads, feet, feathers and insides in the trailer.

As for GM and lab meat....no, not going to either. Same as Tofu and other derivitives. You can tell me til you are blue in the face that its safe and that the chicken tastes like chicken....NOT having any of it. Sorry.

Animals have been bred for human consumption for millennia, ever since this planet first popped into life. We do not have the resources to keep animals destined for human consumption as pets nor would that be ethical or humane. To totally abstain from eating actual meat (and drinking animal produced milk) would lead to mass slaughter and extinction of those animals. I accept that some humans are unable to eat and drink animal products due to medical conditions and some may have an objection to doing so but that should not mean that everyone must stop eating meat or drinking animal produced milks and other dairy items.

You can throw as many eggs or pour milk all over the floor of shops in protest as you want but no-one has actually stated what they would propose to do with the egg bound chickens, milk bound cows and goats and excessive populations of animals for human consumption yet. And we won't even go in the direction of the noxious gasses released by cows, pigs et al that would be increased substantially if they spent every day in the fields chewing the cud.

Unless you have a diagnosed medical condition that prevents you eating meat, dairy etc or you are vehemently against eating it personally....there is absolutely zero market place for any GM or lab produced meat or human consumption foodstuff.

And frankly those who protest need to stop pushing their narrative onto others and let people themselves decide cos we all have a brain, we all have an opinion and we can make our own choices & decisions.

Ewe, gross, and yuck lol. I'll take my meat grown on the critter, not in a petri dish. Its just unappealing for some reason lol. But hay, if someone else is okay with it then go for it lol. I don't see anything really wrong with it. I really don't see it reaching the market though. Not very cost effective.
Yeah lol it sounds rather unpleasant and "yuck".
In a few decades, PETA and vegan activists will have reached a large enough number that can actually make a change in things like that and with technology evolving rapidly, the cost of mass producing these lab chicken will eventually become cheaper than the actual animal. Then industries will opt for it. Actual meat will probably become very rare and therefore expensive (a delicacy) or just illegal lol

But yeah if humans and society survive until then, we will have those . . . . . Unfortunately

Which amimals.are we.talking about?
Cows, chicken, pigs etc. Farm animals. I've been to a couple mass production farms and its quite depressing. It looks like a werehouse with a long dark corridor of which have entrances to enclosures that house hundreds of thousands of the animals per room. They're all so crowded up in there. There's these strong lights, like the ones used in football stadiums (football as in actual football, yall Americans are weird), which are always on. The animals thinks its day all the time so they eat all day and grow abnormally big. You can see the fatigue in their eyes. A melancholic sight indeed. As we proceeded to the end, we arrived at the labs which had 2 sections; Selective Breeding and Genetic Modification. I guess you can picture it; a bunch of young men and women in white lab coats and goggles, all with microscopes and computers on front of them in silence. You could only hear the sound of the microscopes calibrating, keyboards clicking and testtubes clattering. Other than that, dead silence.

Yeah lol it sounds rather unpleasant and "yuck".
In a few decades, PETA and vegan activists will have reached a large enough number that can actually make a change in things like that and with technology evolving rapidly, the cost of mass producing these lab chicken will eventually become cheaper than the actual animal. Then industries will opt for it. Actual meat will probably become very rare and therefore expensive (a delicacy) or just illegal lol

But yeah if humans and society survive until then, we will have those . . . . . Unfortunately
I doubt it, and with the way this world is going, I doubt we will last much longer... One of the world's most respected countries now has a president who can't even walk up the stairs and is shaking hands with the air. Laughing stock of the world leaves us pretty vulnerable to war and dumb decisions.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back