Would you eat lab cultivated chicken?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Would you buy and eat lab grown chicken?

• Yes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • undecided

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lions don’t have the choice of whether or not they kill other animals to eat - we do, especially if we have lab grown meat, so it’s not quite the same. That’s where ethics comes into it. If we have the choice of eating meat without killing other animals then there’s definitely a question of whether deciding the eat “natural” meat becomes an unethical choice. Essentially, we’d be saying that it’s ok to kill animals, even though we don’t have to.
If thier bodies aren't going to waste, this is how I see it: It was either gonna be us or another predator / disease. We don't have to kill flies when we see them buzzing around but yet we do. But that doesn't seem to be considered unethical. Flies are living organisms just as chicken are. My point is, we are apex predators, and as such, we are in charge of keeping organism populations under control. If we are to release all farm animals, they would over populate and bring disease to not only themselves but to us.

I understand your point but I think it is a very unreasonable stretch to classify animal slaughter (that is used for food) as unethical.

So you and Dahmer think alike..... maybe there are aquarium hobbyist who are also psychopaths..
Well to be completely honest I heard about him using that quote in high school but I thought it was a joke until I actually looked it up tonight lol. So no, I wasn't exactly thinking on my own 😂

We're animals, and like any other animals, are in charge of nothing. If I choose to avoid killing other animals for food, then I kill plants which are also complex beings. If I could go out and buy a big slab of petrie chicken (wasn't Petrie the pterodactyl in the Land Before Time?) I would have no qualms. If it was prepared by the chefs at McDonalds, uh, no.

You guys talk about cannibalism A LOT. What is going on in those home school cafeterias?

You guys talk about cannibalism A LOT
Well if you saw the link Connor put up, it was about meat "grown" from human cells... So that's how that conversation started 😂.

What is going on in those home school cafeterias?
Well today I made myself up a sausage grilled cheese sandwich. Yum

We're animals, and like any other animals, are in charge of nothing. If I choose to avoid killing other animals for food, then I kill plants which are also complex beings. If I could go out and buy a big slab of petrie chicken (wasn't Petrie the pterodactyl in the Land Before Time?) I would have no qualms. If it was prepared by the chefs at McDonalds, uh, no.

You guys talk about cannibalism A LOT. What is going on in those home school cafeterias?
I loved land before time😍

I loved land before time😍
Ngl I did as well LOL. 😅
I would watch it when my brother put it on 😅

I knew a teen that loved watching them. They had no siblings, they just watched it cause they could. I respected that 😂

Ngl I did as well LOL. 😅
I would watch it when my brother put it on 😅

I knew a teen that loved watching them. They had no siblings, they just watched it cause they could. I respected that 😂
Kinda like veggie tales 😅 it’s the nostalgia
I enjoy watching some kids movies and shows still. The newer shows are so repetitive and annoying, but older ones are good

Kinda like veggie tales 😅 it’s the nostalgia
I enjoy watching some kids movies and shows still. The newer shows are so repetitive and annoying, but older ones are good
Yah definitely lol.

I would go back and rewatch some of the veggie tales but I feel like that would just be weird 😂

The newer kids shows/movies can be VERY repetitive.
I had to put up with a lot of the newer stuff as my brother was growing lol. Luckily I forget most of what he watched when he was younger 😅

Yah definitely lol.

I would go back and rewatch some of the veggie tales but I feel like that would just be weird 😂

The newer kids shows/movies can be VERY repetitive.
I had to put up with a lot of the newer stuff as my brother was growing lol. Luckily I forget most of what he watched when he was younger 😅
My ringtone is a veggietales song lol

Ewe, gross, and yuck lol. I'll take my meat grown on the critter, not in a petri dish. Its just unappealing for some reason lol. But hay, if someone else is okay with it then go for it lol. I don't see anything really wrong with it. I really don't see it reaching the market though. Not very cost effective.

I will say, some practices for raising our meat are very unethical. That's why I support small farmers that care about their animals. We raise as much of our meat as possible (or shoot it during its season)(or catch it with a hook).
How bout this

Lab grown meat from human cells.
Now THAT is wrong... They mess with so many things they shouldn't EVER be messing with...:sick::(
Veggie tails will never get old...:hooray: That's totally not weird. :p🤣

My ringtone is a veggietales song lol
Ok yup... You've convinced me. If you are 19 watching VeggieTales and you're brave enough to have a VeggieTales song as a ring tone... I need to seriously rewatch the shows 😂
We had the books for a while as well lol.
Veggie tails will never get old...:hooray: That's totally not weird. :p🤣
Lol. I will tryyyyy. 😅

Ok yup... You've convinced me. If you are 19 watching VeggieTales and you're brave enough to have a VeggieTales song as a ring tone... I need to seriously rewatch the shows 😂
We had the books for a while as well lol.

Lol. I will tryyyyy. 😅
You need to loosen up! 😁 ;)

Start with the pirates who don't do anything and go from there.😂

You need to loosen up! 😁 ;)

Start with the pirates who don't do anything and go from there.😂
Loosen up? In what way? 😅 (I just don't want to be looked at as being babyish is all 😅:unsure:)

I will look that one up sometime. (Can I watch the full episodes on YouTube?)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back