Would This Work?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rez

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I currently have going in my planted 20 gal. long a CO2 system that I just hooked up, but I have no idea if it has any worth at all. What I have done is place the bread yeast, water, and sugar in a plastic bottle the tube coming out the top and I have tons of CO2 bubbling out of it now. I was going to buy a glass CO2 diffuser until I found out that they are 40$ each so I thought that I already have a glass mason jar in my aquarium so I ran the tube into the mason jar. The mason jar sits on its side so the CO2 gets trapped in the top of the jar and releases the excess CO2 as it fills up leaving a constant bubble of CO2 in the jar. I worry about the "pool" of CO2 being there constantly, especially when the lights go out so I hooked up a aerator that turns on as soon as the lights go out to remove some of the dissolved CO2. Do you think that this set-up has any benefit at all for my plants?

Nice idea :good:

I'm sure it works, because the gas is held in the water for quite a long time.

Nice job :hyper:

Anything would work.. but your only diffusing only a SMall Amount.
You need a powerhead of something to bash around the bubbles to make then smaller..
Or you c ould hook the injection line into your filter

and Dude lol your in USA diffusors are cheap as hell.

i got a 1000 rhinox with suction cups
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?...products_id=645
I could give for 15 shipped. But diffusors wont disolve 100%. Reactors would be more useful

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back