Curiosity101
Is now at University! :D
Hey,
I was thinking of stocking my 125l with a couple of l260 plecos (Queen Arabesque). If they breed I was trying to think what I'd do with the eggs/fry. Would it be ok to remove the eggs? I know the male is meant to oxygenate the eggs...but if I moved them to a separate tank...say something in the 20-30l area, and stuck an air stone next to it, would that work just as well?
If so, would I be able to use this as a grow out tank if I over filtered? I was thinking eheim classic 2213 or something a bit smaller than that. If this is feasible then how big would I be able to allow fry to grow... I know it will be dependant on number and I also know plecos are quite dirty fish. But any help / advice would be appreciated.
The 20-30l tank would probably be stocked with around 5 crystal red shrimp + quite heavily planted (Ie. set up as an over filtered shrimp tank)
If this isn't feasible feel free to say, I'd rather know now than later.
Thanks.
I was thinking of stocking my 125l with a couple of l260 plecos (Queen Arabesque). If they breed I was trying to think what I'd do with the eggs/fry. Would it be ok to remove the eggs? I know the male is meant to oxygenate the eggs...but if I moved them to a separate tank...say something in the 20-30l area, and stuck an air stone next to it, would that work just as well?
If so, would I be able to use this as a grow out tank if I over filtered? I was thinking eheim classic 2213 or something a bit smaller than that. If this is feasible then how big would I be able to allow fry to grow... I know it will be dependant on number and I also know plecos are quite dirty fish. But any help / advice would be appreciated.
The 20-30l tank would probably be stocked with around 5 crystal red shrimp + quite heavily planted (Ie. set up as an over filtered shrimp tank)
If this isn't feasible feel free to say, I'd rather know now than later.
Thanks.
most on here would def go on over rather than under but then again this is not a guppy






