Would It Be Illeagal

No I don't go to car boots they don't interest me.
As for selling fish at car boots it just wrong.
 
Sorry, not in the UK. But, I don't have anything against selling to kids(unless it's illegal) being one myself. I once walked into an LFS and they said they wouldn't sell to me unless my mum was there (glad she was!) but I think in any case, if you sell to children, you must make sure that they know what they need to.
 
And since when have car boot sales only been for 2nd hand goods! You obviously haven't been to one recently as plenty of traders at my locals go to car boot sales with new products to sell.

Seconded, I regualy see brand new goods, And what this about the "FEDs" comming and shutting you down or some crap, If that was a frequent accurance would people really risk selling DVD Copies etc at Bootsales?. Can get jail time for that!!

And Wilder whats this about you'd rather go to a LFS and set up a tank....he isnt talking about setting one up, Only selling fish.....and your telling me you cant go to the fish shop and buy fish without having a tank....If you are its pure lies
 
Sorry, not in the UK. But, I don't have anything against selling to kids(unless it's illegal) being one myself. I once walked into an LFS and they said they wouldn't sell to me unless my mum was there (glad she was!) but I think in any case, if you sell to children, you must make sure that they know what they need to.

There's a good point you bring up and another FACT for you lot.

It's ILLEGAL to sell livestock to under 16's in the UK.

So it doesn't matter if the kid is the next writer for PFK and knows there stuff!
 
gee wizz, all the guy wants to do is sell some fish and make a few bob, really dont think this is helping him (( ACE- calm urself wilder didnt say they couldnt,she said they wouldnt)) :)
 
Im thinking of setting a car boot stall once a week, now i have a large amount of poly boxs, and the summer is on the way, would it be in any way illeagal for me to sell my young fish on these stalls, would it grab the attention of anyone who wouldnt like this what do you think?

Obviously i would pre package the fish and the poly boxs they would be in would be well lined, and with a heat pack if the weather was cold, but i personally cant see anything wrong with it, and i do know alot of fellow fish keepers who goto car boot sales so their would be a good marker for it aswell.

All suggestions welcome good and bad

Bit off topics kind of, But what fish would you be selling mate?

ACE- calm urself wilder didnt say they couldnt,she said they wouldnt)) :)

But the thing is they would, They have no way of knowing what you have at home....and I am calm, Just typing fast as my internet goes down every 2 minutes :good:
 
well no one can be held responsible for selling a fish to someone who dosent own a tank?? can they?? ( thats my opinion not the start of a debate,by the way)

sorry i just read that back and i sounded a bit lippy sorry wasnt intended, in scotland " calm urself" is used all the time, even when your laffing lol sorry ace
 
well no one can be held responsible for selling a fish to someone who dosent own a tank?? can they??

sorry i just read that back and i sounded a bit lippy sorry wasnt intended, in scotland " calm urself" is used all the time, even when your laffing lol sorry ace

1) No, And that was my point mate....Although I do feel that it is the sellers responsibility to fill the buyer in on some info on the fish...

2) Its ok mate, I wasnt offended :P just getting naffed off with this crappy internet :shifty:
 
Kind of like settle down pet :P





In short to the original answer though.... No, it is not illegal to sell fish at a car boot sale. Unless it is against the individual rules of the organisers of the car boot sale.

The only problem would be lots of people that dont have a clue going "ewwww look at that, hes got fish in bags, how cruel!" But if these people had an ounce of knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes of fish keeping they would have a different view on the matter.
 
The only problem would be lots of people that dont have a clue going "ewwww look at that, hes got fish in bags, how cruel!" But if these people had an ounce of knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes of fish keeping they would have a different view on the matter.

Can you explain more what you mean.
I don't want to see fish in bags when I go out, when I went to a fairground it ruined the day out with goldfish strung up i bags, as i'm very senstive when it comes to animals.
Not having ago just don't think selling fish at car boots is right and fairgrounds.
 
I won't bother going into detail. But if you spent a few weeks working in a busy shop or with an importer/wholesaler it gives you a much better insight into the hobby.

And would probably give you a different view on such matters.

I agree it's not the best idea, as I doubt the thread starter has a oxygen bottle to pump up the bags so they will do better. There's way round this but means using much bigger bags for everything which would mean more space.
 
Think I do have a good idear what goes off behind the scenes.
Try not to think about it to much, as i'm already beginning to think keeping fish in tanks is not right.
 
Think I do have a good idear what goes off behind the scenes.
Try not to think about it to much, as i'm already beginning to think keeping fish in tanks is not right.

Indeed, That is another topic entirely mate, that is to do with morals etc which would drag on :shifty:

I have would have no moral issues to buying fish at a car booty...But I Would prefer to buy from someone at a home business etc...

Anyway Ive said my part
Good Day

Many Thanks
Ace Of Spades
 
Hi guys i appreciate all replys as i said good and bad points to doing this, and legalitys aswell.

Wilder i understand you are concerned about the fish been in bags for hours at a time, but its no different to mailing a fish, infact the fish will be more comfortable as it will get to its location 5 min drive and then be still in a dark box without any movement for a couple of hours. Im guilty of posting fish when ive sold them, and im sure many other members are, surely this is better than enduring them to a 12-24 hour journey in the back of a courier or royal mail van, the reason im looking into things like this is that i no longer want to post fish so ebay is out of the question.

Thanks for all the posts this is what i wanted to find out what peoples thoughts are on this because i dont want to be cruel to the fish or even offend people in doing so.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top